Margarito OK to fight in Mississippi, rematch vs. Cotto to be moved

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
    lol is this really your response?

yeah such a "career" left in him that he defended his title against an old ass mayorga. Please.....
    Marg couldn't get a fight with Mayorga. Also, as if fighting a guy for 2 million+ is a bad career. He made more money against Mayorga than you will probably make in your life.

Comment

• Cotto needs stfu and fight

Comment

• Originally posted by saul alvarez View Post
        Cotto needs stfu and fight
        something ginger should do with live opponents not lightweights and flyweights.hope cintron stops him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
          Marg couldn't get a fight with Mayorga. Also, as if fighting a guy for 2 million+ is a bad career. He made more money against Mayorga than you will probably make in your life.
          Ahhh the good ol ***** mentality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Va_BoriKua View Post
            something ginger should do with live opponents not lightweights and flyweights.hope cintron stops him.
            canelo via K.O

Comment

• Originally posted by saul alvarez View Post
              canelo via K.O
              I don't see a KO. Of Cintron. But a Decision definitely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simply Zyzz View Post
                There's a couple things that need to be said regarding this matter...

1) it's obvious Margarito can't fight anymore because of his injury, in that faceoff on hbo it looks like he has a glass eye, Margarito can't box anymore and I'm sure we all can agreed on that but it's due to the controversy behind his wraps that we all want to see him and cotto again

2) don't bring up these "doctors" arum brought to the hearing, they remind me of the doctors whom testified in court that cigarretes are not harmful, (anyone remember from history class), these doctors were paid off from tobacco companies to testify on their behalf

3) why are some of you posting "arum will take care of this with some cash"... Instead of being in favor of boxing being rid if all this corruption, you guys are advocating arum bribing the state commission... "it's just business" like he told Marquez right..... If some of you guys are in favor of that, than don't complain when there are robberies from judges ...

Edit:

4) for arum to simply say, " we got 5 other venues ready" shows how he could give a fuk about fans that already paid money for this fight, I feel bad for those of you that dropped serious paper on this
                Good post. This actually is a tough call for the NY commission. Arum has really put them in a tough spot. Even though their main responsibility is to ensure the legitimacy of the fight and the fighters' health, there probably still a lot of pressure on them from people who want to see this fight go down at MSG because of the money it's already made and will generate on the fight of the night.

It's already enough of them to look past the hand wrap issue and not necessarily follow Nevada's example of denying Margarito a hearing for a license to fight Pacquiao because he had just been denied again in California. They are already circumventing Nevada in some respects and ignoring the hand wrap thing. Surprising because this is the same state and city who sent Luis Resto and Panama Lewis to prison and banned for life because of a glove issue.

Like you said, they KNOW there is a big issue with his eye and are reluctant to take responsibility of Margarito going blind permanently. Aside from that, if they are weary to let him fight now, once the fights starts, you better believe the ref is going to be looking closely all night. He may stop this fight very early to prevent damage that would be normal for a Margarito fight.

Very tough decision they have to make - to say a briefcase full of cash is the way to go isn't looking at the big picture as it dates back to Resto and Panama Lewis. The problem is, no many people are empathetic to Margarito's plight - many feel he deserves it.

This sux all the way around and Arum just saying "i'm not gonna get all worked up about it" is insulting to the fans who have supported this fight. People have been waiting for this for years ffs
                Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 11-17-2011, 07:52 PM.

Comment

• mississippi is the new vegas. first they land the berto-zaveck superfight and now this!

Comment

• Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                    Good post. This actually is a tough call for the NY commission. Arum has really put them in a tough spot. Even though their main responsibility is to ensure the legitimacy of the fight and the fighters' health, there probably still a lot of pressure on them from people who want to see this fight go down at MSG because of the money it's already made and will generate on the fight of the night.

It's already enough of them to look past the hand wrap issue and not necessarily follow Nevada's example of denying Margarito a hearing for a license to fight Pacquiao because he had just been denied again in California. They are already circumventing Nevada in some respects and ignoring the hand wrap thing. Surprising because this is the same state and city who sent Luis Resto and Panama Lewis to prison and banned for life because of a glove issue.

Like you said, they KNOW there is a big issue with his eye and are reluctant to take responsibility of Margarito going blind permanently. Aside from that, if they are weary to let him fight now, once the fights starts, you better believe the ref is going to be looking closely all night. He may stop this fight very early to prevent damage that would be normal for a Margarito fight.

Very tough decision they have to make - to say a briefcase full of cash is the way to go isn't looking at the big picture as it dates back to Resto and Panama Lewis. The problem is, no many people are empathetic to Margarito's plight - many feel he deserves it.

This sux all the way around and Arum just saying "i'm not gonna get all worked up about it" is insulting to the fans who have supported this fight. People have been waiting for this for years ffs
                    Yea. I wondered about this.. How would they look granting Margs his license after the resto thing. But I guess it's not really in the same league... But maybe they really are concerned over his eye.

Comment

• Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
                      Guys from what I heard Cotto is livid, and he might even pull out of the fight as soon as tomorrow if Margarito doesnt get licensed. He might get out of Top Rank altogether, thats how pissed he is!!

This **** is getting really interesting!!
                      Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
                      Yup.

I'm gonna' go out on a limb here and make a prediction.

The fight is gonna' be moved to Mississipi. Bob will do this so as to not make it in Texas although he wants to...he's simply keeping it as a last alternative to not give Margarito a hometown advantage while staying on Cotto's good side.

Cotto will go over the Mississipi option, consider he was counting out on a big turnout crowd for him (as well as the hometown advantage), not like the way Bob's handled the whole issue, not feel 100% for this fight with this unforeseen complication, pull out of the fight, leaving thousands of fight fans disappointed.

There will be two sides of the issue on boxingscene: those supporting Cotto's decision to pull out of the fight for not being in MSG and blaming Arum for not taking care of business beforehand, and the other side will be those blaming Cotto as the guy who had the option but refused to follow through.

Expect it the boards to be posting a lot of non-sense if Cotto pulls out...
                      Emanuel Steward: "This is exactly what I predicted would happen..."

No, but seriously, I called it...

Dammit, I'd been looking forward to this rematch since forever...

Comment

Working...
                      X