Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo vs. Lara: Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Canelo is gonna win of course. But it is gonna be a good fight. Lara is a good fighter. Some would say technically a better fighter but Canelo is really just as good. I think Canelo has a definite edge in power and chin that will certainly be a telling component of this fight.

Just because Canelo failed to land significant shots on Money does not equate to the same thing against Lara. Lara is good but he is not Money.

Canelo UD in a pretty bloody fight.

You heard it first(ish) from Elroy.

Viva Mexico! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Honestly, Lara's style almost guarantees this fight will at least be perceived as even. That might ultimately hurt Landy on the cards. Lara needs to be more aggressive than usual. But, according to him, he's going to fight the same way he always does.
      Lara showed some dog in him in his last 2 fights. He was landing some bombs on Trout and was able to floor him late in the fight. He was putting a beating on Angelo too in the rounds he was winning. Canelo isn't a high output guy either and often loses rounds on inactivity as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
        Lara showed some dog in him in his last 2 fights. He was landing some bombs on Trout and was able to floor him late in the fight. He was putting a beating on Angelo too in the rounds he was winning. Canelo isn't a high output guy either and often loses rounds on inactivity as well.
        Canelo isn't high output either, but Landy makes him look like P Willy. Angulo is real, real easy to hit. I think Lara has good power, comparable to Alvarez. I don't see a KO here. It's probably going to the cards, and that's where Landy's luck will have to come in.

Comment

I agree with alot of this, but lara also showed that he can get hit and hurt, angulo was the slowest I've ever seen him. Canelo is quicker, has better footwork and can hit damn hard himself.

I'm going with canelo but it's damn close!!

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            I agree with alot of this, but lara also showed that he can get hit and hurt, angulo was the slowest I've ever seen him. Canelo is quicker, has better footwork and can hit damn hard himself.

Seriously?

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Seriously?
              He's talking about better than angulo you gimp

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post

Hurt is exaggerating especially when you loom at how he fought after the knockdowns. When he got caught he came back meaner, hungrier and stronger.

And I don't know what your thinking with that footwork comment because Floyd had the kid twisting around like a pretzel. He couldn't deal with movement at all.

What Canelo has going for him is he is a good body puncher and found success with his right to the body against Trout. If he can get inside and work the body early I like his chances but I just think he's going to try and outbox Lara like he has every other opponent he's faced.

Comment

• Originally posted by f4314n68 View Post
                  He's talking about better than angulo you gimp

Well that goes without saying doesn't it. I've seen 80yr old ladies with hip replacements who have had better footwork than Angulo

Comment

Hurt is exaggerating especially when you loom at how he fought after the knockdowns. When he got caught he came back meaner, hungrier and stronger.

And I don't know what your thinking with that footwork comment because Floyd had the kid twisting around like a pretzel. He couldn't deal with movement at all.

What Canelo has going for him is he is a good body puncher and found success with his right to the body against Trout. If he can get inside and work the body early I like his chances but I just think he's going to try and outbox Lara like he has every other opponent he's faced.
                    Yeah, Lara went down on a couple of monster blows, but he fought on with no problem. He wound up smashing Angulo's face and making Perro turn his back. There are a couple of ways of looking at that, both with some merit. I prefer to look at the positives: the fact that Landy has a warrior heart and iron will, that he doesn't back down when the going gets tough. Those are good attributes to have when you're already a pretty good boxer.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      Canelo isn't high output either, but Landy makes him look like P Willy. Angulo is real, real easy to hit. I think Lara has good power, comparable to Alvarez. I don't see a KO here. It's probably going to the cards, and that's where Landy's luck will have to come in.
                      Yeah its unfortunate that the judging has gotten so much focus in this fight but Lara just needs the mentality that he's behind by 2 rounds before the opening bell. If he comes out too conservative and throwing one shot at a time like against Vanes then I don't know what to say. That's his own fault.

I hope he mixes it up more in this fight. Like Shields said, he's deadly when he sits down on his punches and throws combinations. If he does that as well as use his feet and pick his shots I like his chances. In his defense he has been doing that a lot more since the Vanes fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X