No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan Promises Grand UK Return, Diaz Vows To KO Amir

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Khan Promises Grand UK Return, Diaz Vows To KO Amir

SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND - After nearly two years fighting away from England, the “King” is back. On Saturday, April 27 at Motorpoint Arena in Sheffield, British superstar Amir “King” Khan returns to England to face former World Champion Julio “The Kidd” Diaz.

Plus, 2012 Olympic Bronze Medalist Anthony Ogogo makes his long-awaited professional debut in a four round middleweight bout against an opponent to be determined.

“April 27th is going to be a special night,” said Khan. “It’s been two years since I last fought in the United Kingdom and I can’t wait to get in the ring in front of my fans. Julio Diaz is a former World Champion and a very dangerous opponent who is coming off of an impressive performance in his last fight. I know he will be coming with guns blazing and I’m ready for whatever he has to throw at me. With my speed and boxing skills, and his power and experience, it makes for a really exciting matchup. He may have other ideas but I’m adamant that my return to the British shores is going to be a very successful one.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

This is just a fight for Amir to continue his development under Hunter

I expect to see noticeable improvements this time Amir, if not I will be most disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
      This is just a fight for Amir to continue his development under Hunter

I expect to see noticeable improvements this time Amir, if not I will be most disappointed.
      Agreed. But Diaz is tough though. I'm still thinking he won't be able to live with the speed and will get tagged from all angles. Khan by late stoppage.

Comment

Khan looks crap ever since his KO. I dont see him going much further unless he works on his defense and inside boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Swaggin' View Post
          Khan looks crap ever since his KO. I dont see him going much further unless he works on his defense and inside boxing.
          That's what he's doing with hunter?..

Comment

The moment Khan steps up against a real power puncher, his ass is booking another trip to the canvas.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
              The moment Khan steps up against a real power puncher, his ass is booking another trip to the canvas.
              I agree, imagine if he fought a guy like Maidana!!!

Comment

the only thing keeping this from being an evenly matched fight is the home field advantage, other than that this fight would be a pick em.

Comment

From what I've seen on these boards, it's an underrated fight, good opponent.

Comment

I hope Khan doesn't try and impress the home fans by getting reckless. I'm eager to see if Hunter has added anything new to his game after 2 camps.

Comment

Working...
                    X