Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the HW Marketability over? Can Wilder be a bigger PPV star than Floyd/Pac if he

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the HW Marketability over? Can Wilder be a bigger PPV star than Floyd/Pac if he

Is the HW Marketability truly over in the United States?

If 6'7 D.Wilder turn out to be the real legit deal and KO top 10 opponents leading up to a super fight with Wladimir. Can he be a mega PPV Star?
    Assuming some how he ends up on Prime Riddick Bowe level.

I mean if he is promoted right and end up knocking out the likes of Puluv-Povetkin-Adamek and other top 10 HW'S all leading to the big fight with Wlad. I see him becoming a decent PPV STAR.

The big issue imo with HW Marketing right now is that NOBODY knows who Puluv or Povetkin is. .So even if Wilder 'ko' the #3 guy in Povetkin, people will be like 'so what? who's that?
    Easily 2+ MIllion
    47.62%
    1 million+
    4.76%
    500-800kish
    9.52%
    Decent Star 250kish. Nothing big. Just solid
    14.29%
    It don't matter. The HW Marketability in America is honestly over. No PPV
    23.81%
    Last edited by Felixtito; 10-26-2012, 03:42 PM.

if the right american star with the right (ideally american,) opponents shows up then yes, he can surpass manny and floyd mayweather.

wilder certainly isnt the guy to do that. i don't know if he'll even be a top 10 HW, never mind a crossover star

Comment

Who the hell is Wilder? So i guess No

Comment

I think he'll end up being solid, but nothing special. He'll be a big time player in about 2 years, but I see him losing a couple fights so he'll just be solid/ok. He'll have his shot though.

Comment

Of course he'd be a massive star, putting aside the fact that he's nowhere near talented enough, all the Americans would start saying he's better than the klitschko brothers ever were etc and he'd be on hbo ppv

Comment

The fighters in the division are currently horrible. And most people have now gotten a chance to see that skill and fitness are so much better at the lower weight classes anyway.

I'd say that the mystique of the heavyweight division is gone.
            Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 10-26-2012, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Is it possible? Sure

But with Wilder? NO

Comment

Absolutely nowhere near Floyd or Pac.

HW division just doesn't have enough top quality opposition for anyone to make those sort of numbers.

Comment

I doubt Wilder will ever headline a ppv let alone selling those kinds of numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                    Absolutely nowhere near Floyd or Pac.

HW division just doesn't have enough top quality opposition for anyone to make those sort of numbers.
                    The opponents don't matter that much, tyson still sold massive numbers against some rotten opposition

Comment

Working...
                    X