Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Roach pushing for Mayweather-Khan and Martinez-Chavez because he wants to retire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Roach pushing for Mayweather-Khan and Martinez-Chavez because he wants to retire?

In both cases Roach has a fighter who pretty much everyone can agree is going to get his ass kicked. Yet Roach seems all about these fights, even appears to be going well out of his way to try and set them in motion.

It's obvious that even though Freddie takes good care of himself he can only train so much longer before his condition makes it impossible.

Is Roach thinking to himself that he wants to go out with a bang, with his 3 biggest name fighters taking part in the 3 highest profile fights of the year in say a 6-8 month span.

Thinking to himself hmm.... Chavez-Martinez in May to get me warmed up. JMM-Pacquiao III in say June or July and then Khan-Mayweather to close out the year???

I figure Khan, nor Chavez stand better than a 10-1 chance of beating Martinez and Mayweather. Why is Freddie talking such a big game?

hes also taking chavez-canelo.i think its just the usual.Roach running his mouth as usual

Comment

He'd surely want to cash out on Pacquiao against Mayweather???

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
        In both cases Roach has a fighter who pretty much everyone can agree is going to get his ass kicked. Yet Roach seems all about these fights, even appears to be going well out of his way to try and set them in motion.

It's obvious that even though Freddie takes good care of himself he can only train so much longer before his condition makes it impossible.

Is Roach thinking to himself that he wants to go out with a bang, with his 3 biggest name fighters taking part in the 3 highest profile fights of the year in say a 6-8 month span.

Thinking to himself hmm.... Chavez-Martinez in May to get me warmed up. JMM-Pacquiao III in say June or July and then Khan-Mayweather to close out the year???

I figure Khan, nor Chavez stand better than a 10-1 chance of beating Martinez and Mayweather. Why is Freddie talking such a big game?
        JMM-Pacquiao III? Don't you mean IIII

Comment

Originally posted by bear06 View Post
          jmm-pacquiao iii? Don't you mean iiii
          you mean iv ??

Comment

He isn't pushing a Martinez fight at all, he can't stand to even mention his name.

Comment

Roach isnt going anywhere. Its just business as usual. He has his show and book coming out, too. USA Boxing 2012. He just got sponsored by NIKE.. I'm sure he's busy with a billion other things, too. Fingers crossed for Pacquiao-Mayweather.

Comment

I think Khan will give Mayweather fits, but ultimately end up losing. He tends to fade in the later rounds white Floyd gets stronger and stronger as the fight goes on.

I don't think Chavez vs. Martinez is AS much of a mismatch as everyone makes it out to be. Chavez needs at least 2-3 more fights before he's ready for Maravilla.

Roach isn't going anywhere. He's said over and over that training keeps him healthy and sharp in light of his parkinsons. If he didn't train, I think his condition would deteriorate fast.

Comment

I know Freddie doesn't want to retire and I know training keeps him healthy but the fact of the matter is he suffers from a debilitating illness and his condition is most certainly getting worse with each passing year.

I don't expect that he would disappear from the sport of boxing, I am fairly certain he would keep his gym and would probably be training fighters in the Naco Beristain style of standing around trying to look good and spitting out advice here and there.

At some point he is gonna get out. He's not gonna stick it out for the entire careers of Chavez and Khan so it seems Pac has 2 maybe 3 fights left at which point Freddie may follow him into retirement. It only makes sense that he would at least want to take Chavez and Khan into tough fights to see how far he has truly brought them along.

Fact of the matter is those fights are win/win for Roach and his legacy. If Khan or Chavez lose people will say "so what? everyone knew they would" but if one of them somehow pulled the upset the ol Freddie Roach legend would grow even larger.

Comment

Working...
                  X