No announcement yet.

That's the saddest I've ever been watching Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miniq View Post
    Rocky Balboa is fiction, fights without defence and in real life would have been brain damaged. Terrible movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKOSLbnOoAE
    He was brain damaged at the end of Rocky 4 and all through Rocky 5. They completely forgot about that for Rocky 6 though.....

Comment

Very sad moment, people want fighters to have these fairy tale moments and boxing is an absolute **** about handing them out.

Comment

Listen, what would be the point of coming back and fighting for
        6 rounds with a fat latvian with a record of 8(4)-19
        . For money? He has a lot of it. He came back to prove to himself that he has what it takes to beat someone at the top. He failed but im pretty sure everyone knows that a prime Ricky Hatton would be demolished Senchenko.

This is probably the saddest I have been as well. Ricky just seems like a guys' guy..a lad. Seems like a really nice, humble kind of guy and he knew he wasn't the best im pretty sure of it but he did the best with what he had and unfortunately failed.

I find it really hard to understand why someone who has a beautiful wife/children, a family and LEGIONS of fans who adore him, millions of pounds in the bank and still has his health gets THAT depressed. Listen, I wish the guy was reading this but he has done a lot of British Boxing, everyone knows who he is, he brought his best everytime and sometimes you don't win no matter who you are..its just how the cookie crumbles. Relax, enjoy your life Ricky, we admire everything you have done for Boxing and wish you an amazing retirement.

Comment

Saint George werent you sad when Khan lost?

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
            Saint George werent you sad when Khan lost?
            Nope, don't really like the guy.

Comment

Hatton simply took on a big challenge, his fitness and stamina werent up for the task this early on. he should have fought 2 bums and then taken on this fight.

You can spar as much as you want, you can only build stamina in the ring. After round 4 Hatton looked very tired, the body shot in the 9 took away all the air in his lungs.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintGeorge View Post
                Nope, don't really like the guy.
                Saint George was a arab man, so i thought you'd be supporting him?

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                  Listen, what would be the point of coming back and fighting for . For money? He has a lot of it. He came back to prove to himself that he has what it takes to beat someone at the top. He failed but im pretty sure everyone knows that a prime Ricky Hatton would be demolished Senchenko.

This is probably the saddest I have been as well. Ricky just seems like a guys' guy..a lad. Seems like a really nice, humble kind of guy and he knew he wasn't the best im pretty sure of it but he did the best with what he had and unfortunately failed.

I find it really hard to understand why someone who has a beautiful wife/children, a family and LEGIONS of fans who adore him, millions of pounds in the bank and still has his health gets THAT depressed. Listen, I wish the guy was reading this but he has done a lot of British Boxing, everyone knows who he is, he brought his best everytime and sometimes you don't win no matter who you are..its just how the cookie crumbles. Relax, enjoy your life Ricky, we admire everything you have done for Boxing and wish you an amazing retirement.
                  Because he really thought he was one of the P4P greats. The Floyd loss was a fluke to him, he blamed it on Cortez. The Pac loss really put him over the edge and now you can imagine how devastated he is.

All these things you listed don't matter if you can't be at peace with yourself.

Comment

Should've taken a warm up fight.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                      I find it really hard to understand why someone who has a beautiful wife/children, a family and LEGIONS of fans who adore him, millions of pounds in the bank and still has his health gets THAT depressed.
                      That's not how depression works.

Comment

Working...
                      X