Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Glen Tapia Eager To Prove His Worth With James Kirkland

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Glen Tapia Eager To Prove His Worth With James Kirkland

As BoxingScene.com reported on Thursday afternoon, a deal is close to match undefeated junior middleweight contender Glen Tapia (20-0, 12 KOs) against dangerous James Kirkland (31-1, 27 KOs) on December 7th at the Adrian Phillips Ballroom at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. Tapia-Kirkland would be part of the HBO televised card which features WBA super bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux in the main event against Joseph Agbeko.

Kirkland, who went through a variety of legal problems in the last few years, has been inactive since a controversial disqualification win over Carlos Molina in March 2012. Tapia had a very impressive win on July 12th with an ESPN televised TKO over previously unbeaten Abie Han (19-1, 12 KOs), and then returned on September 28th to score a fifth round TKO over Elco Garcia (27-9, 13 KOs). [Click Here To Read More]

Hell yea, make that shit happen! If Kirkland isn't weight drained he could win this. I heard he's weighing around 200 right now which isn't good at all.

Comment

Glen reppin Jersey all day baby. Kirkland is gonna get that ass beat bad on HBO.

Comment

WAR KIRKLAND! Glad to him back! Anybody know if Anne Wolfe is still in his corner?

If she is this guy is toast

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
          WAR KIRKLAND! Glad to him back! Anybody know if Anne Wolfe is still in his corner?

it's possible, but i don't think so. i think kirkland ended up in court with wolfe and pops billingsly. they haven't had a good relationship for years.

Comment

The 'Mike Tyson' of this era is back but if he doesn't have Ann in his corner, he's gonna get knockout in one round again.

Comment

Emotional Challenges

Kirkland has serious emotional issues that will doom his career. It's just a matter of time.

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post

I think ann is out.

Holla at big dunn if you wanna put a lil e guap on this one. I got Glenn!

Comment

Kirkland better take it slow the first few rounds, I can see him trying to go out in the first round and make a statement only to be caught hard and Kirkland doesn't have the best of chins.

Comment

Doesn't matter who is in Kirklands corner, Tapia by K.O/TKO

Comment

Working...
                    X