Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fighters have been effective while moving DOWN in weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What fighters have been effective while moving DOWN in weight?

After watching Chad Dawson take a beating it made me think about what fighters have been effective while moving down in weight? I think what Chad did was pretty stupid. What fighters have been effective while moving down in weight?

Orlin Norris did much better at cruiser than he did at HW

Comment

The one that pops right to my mind is Giovany Segura. Fought a number of fights at 115, came down to 112 and eventually down to 108 to chase and beat down the smaller Ivan calderon twice. After the second fight he jumped back to 115 lol.

Comment

Donaire dropped down to avenge his bro vs Vic way back

Comment

Miguel Vazquez started at 140 or 147 and worked his way down to 135 with better results. Im pretty sure his only losses are to Bradley and Canelo at 140 and 147.

Comment

Andre Ward if you count his amateur exp

Does Floyd count?

Comment

Bernard "The Living Legend" Hopkins

Comment

Judah has kind of turned his career around dropping from 147 to 140, certainly didn't hurt him.

Comment

It's all relative so my guy wasn't world famous or even a world champion but he did fight for a World title.

Lou Gent was a rough & tumble bloke from South London. Turned pro at 19 and half a dozen years later got kayoed by Johnny Nelson for the British Cruiserweight title. His record after that was 16-6-1.

HE THEN GAVE UP CHOCOLATE BISCUITS (cookies to my Yank friends)

Three years later he's fighting Nigel Benn for the WBC Supermiddleweight title.

I was there that night. I was/am a HUGE Benn fan but I felt a surge of pride as the place was PACKED with my fellow South Londoners, most of us E'd up, singing "Saaf Laahndahn, Saaf Laahndahn, Saaf Laahndahn. Saaf Laahndahn, Saaf Laahndahn, Saaf Laahndaaaa-ahn."

There are more verses but they sound better on MDMA.

Anyway, he took the fight to Benn who bounced off the ropes & beat the Granny out of him.

Great night though

Comment

anthony mundine from like super heavyweight to flyweight

Comment

Working...
                    X