No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Badou Jack's Trainer Eyes Sakio Bika Title Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Badou Jack's Trainer Eyes Sakio Bika Title Shot

Trainer Eddie Mustafa Muhammad is confident that his undefeated super middleweight Badou Jack (15-0, 10KOs) is ready for the next step - a world title shot. He wants Jack to get a shot the WBC champion, Sakio Bika (32-5-2, 21KOs). Jack fought last month and won an easy ten round unanimous decision over Farah Ennis. Bika captured the vacant title in June with a majority decision over Marco Antonio Periban. There was some discussion about Jack facing Periban on the Floyd Mayweather-Saul Alavarez undercard on September 14th. Muhammad sees no reason for Jack to fight Periban.

[Click Here To Read More]

LOL Bika is the most popular guy in boxing. Badou Jack, his only advantage is that he's lowest risk by far of any of the challengers

Comment

"We want a title shot, but we don't want to have to prove ourselves or face anyone challenging first. Oh, and we want the shot to be against the weakest champ in the division."

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        LOL Bika is the most popular guy in boxing. Badou Jack, his only advantage is that he's lowest risk by far of any of the challengers
        I dont think risk has anything to do with it. Its about status. Froch isnt going to fight some prospect at this point in his career. He's looking for bigger fights. The same goes for Ward plus he's signed with HBO. Realistically Bika is available because he's not signed to any kind of a long term network deal. But why would Bika fight this kid right now? He's probably looking for bigger fights as well. I dont see Badou Jack getting a title fight anytime soon. Next year at the earliest if he's lucky. But hell Floyd got Ishe a title fight after an 18 month lay off so what the hell do I know.

Comment

Ha, too bad he's reserved for chavez

Comment

Originally posted by DwightMare View Post
            I dont think risk has anything to do with it. Its about status. Froch isnt going to fight some prospect at this point in his career. He's looking for bigger fights. The same goes for Ward plus he's signed with HBO. Realistically Bika is available because he's not signed to any kind of a long term network deal. But why would Bika fight this kid right now? He's probably looking for bigger fights as well. I dont see Badou Jack getting a title fight anytime soon. Next year at the earliest if he's lucky. But hell Floyd got Ishe a title fight after an 18 month lay off so what the hell do I know.
            I didn't mean risk for Jack, I meant for Bika, who hasn't been looking too fresh. A lot of guys are on his a$$, and this is by far the most winnable fight. Even Chavez should be too fresh and big, and Dirrell too good. Of course, Chavez brings a major payday. It's a no brainer unless Haymon won't let him go to HBO, to get a shot for Dirrell for example.

Comment

Boy jack better watch the tree he's barking up. Bika isn't no spring chicken, but he's a rough and tumble vet.

Comment

Seeing as the WBC #1 mandatary contender George Groves is scheduled to fight IBF/WBA main man Carl Froch, why has WBC silver titlist(For what it's worth) James DeGale not get 1st dibs at Sakio Bika?

Comment

Bika is very very strong and powerful. If Jack can find the right distance and outbox him like Ward did then he can get away with that W, but if he loses focus then its big trouble. This is a good test for Jack to see if he really belongs or not.

Comment

DeGale should get the shot but it's not good marketing strategy...mayb he needs 2 touch US soil on an undercard...neither Bika or Jack impressed me in their last bouts, would not b an xciting bout...Jr won't b in the picture till next year but He'll beat all mentioned above....looks like an interesting end of '13 and beginning 2 '14...

Comment

Working...
                    X