No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Molina Discusses Stoppage of Bey, Praises Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Molina Discusses Stoppage of Bey, Praises Mayweather

John Molina scored a literal last minute victory over previously undefeated Mickey Bey in a fight Molina was on his way to losing. Down on all three scorecards, Molina dug deep and was able to catch Bey with a solid left hook and finish him off just moments later in the final stanza of their bout.

The 10th and final round saw Bey still fight aggressively as he landed hard shots to the body and seemed to have hurt Molina. Molina acknowledged Bey got him with good shots throughout the contest but he also wanted to lure him into a fire fight that would eventually pay off.

“He hit me with a good shot to my left side. Not enough to stop me but I knew going into that last round I had to let him gain a little confidence. It’s a veteran move. We had to let him get a little cocky coming in so he could let his hands go. And as you saw in the later rounds, he started challenging me more on the inside and that was his demise” said Molina in his locker room after the fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I wanna see John Molina vs Ji-Hoon Kim at 135 or 140 if Kim wins his next fight.

That fight would be brutal.

Comment

goosen does a great job with molina type fighters ,funny how a certain fanbase hates floyd but most fighters of that base look up to him lol.

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
        goosen does a great job with molina type fighters ,funny how a certain fanbase hates floyd but most fighters of that base look up to him lol.
        I think that's because of the way he markets himself. I've been watching Floyd since his amateur days & consider myself a fan but I don't like his public persona. Doesn't mean I don't like him (I don't know him) I just don't like the way he presents himself but I appreciate that he's selling a product to a certain demographic.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
          I think that's because of the way he markets himself. I've been watching Floyd since his amateur days & consider myself a fan but I don't like his public persona. Doesn't mean I don't like him (I don't know him) I just don't like the way he presents himself but I appreciate that he's selling a product to a certain demographic.
          I understand that but it is kinda ironic.

Guys like you have legit reason though others lets just say that they hate both floyd and andre ward for one reason.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
            Floyd is very liked and respected by his peers. Its the fans that cant stand him, although Floyd has grown his base over the years. Even most of the media have turned around on Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by StarPower View Post
              Floyd is very liked and respected by his peers. Its the fans that cant stand him, although Floyd has grown his base over the years. Even most of the media have turned around on Floyd.
              Floyd doesn't behave accordingly to being the best boxer of his generation. Let's not forget his episode of domestic violence (jailed for only short time) and the times that he boasts in night clubs and so on. However, he has been a reason why boxing hasn't lost totally the battle against other professional sports. In the recent years there has been few fighters that catch most attention from casual fans: Mike Tyson, Julio Cesar Chavez, Oscar Dela Hoya, Floyd and it seems in the near future it will be Canelo Alvarez (regardless of the result of his next fight). These are the persons and names that even the entertainment magazines keep mentioning regularly and that mantains boxing as a live sport compared to the most massive ones (football, baseball, basketball and hockey).

Comment

WAR MOLINA

Comment

Yeah, this was part of his marketing plan to have this sort of persona that everyone loves to hate in order to gain more exposure and money. Regardless of if you are a fan or not, we still support him because we buy his PPV's to either see him win or lose. I think it was smart on his part because he does not have a fan-friendly style, so he wouldn't have been able to make nearly the money that he is making now. When he was just "Pretty Boy" Floyd, he wasn't making the kind of money that the is making now. Now this badboy image that he's created pretty much when he fought Oscar and thereafter is what got him to where he is today. As you can see, he has toned it down a lot as he has gotten older and you can see it in comparison to Broner. Once Broner gets older (or if he gets manhandled by one of these welters) he will too start to tone it down. Another thing about his persona, my wife and son don't watch boxing on a regular, but whenever Floyd or Broner fight, they tune in to it. They like the smack talking and to see if they can back it up. I think some people take how these entertainers act too seriously. Floyd is a women beater. Umm... so is several million other men, but it don't get talked about in the media. Floyd doesn't go toe-to-toe...maybe because he's no longer fighting at 140 or 135. Many fighters have to lose 20 pounds in order to get to their fight weight. If Floyd did that, he'd be a lightweight. So these are the things that make Floyd hard to like, but he found a way to make money off of not being liked. For Floyd's last 4 fights (if he beats Canelo).

1. Winner of Garcia/Matthysse
                  2. T. Bradley (if he beats Marquez)
                  3. Khan (if he beats Alexander and avenge at least one of his loses) big money fight in the UK
                  4. Broner (last fight should be against lil brother if both are still undefeated).

Comment

Originally posted by uniquehump View Post
                    Yeah, this was part of his marketing plan to have this sort of persona that everyone loves to hate in order to gain more exposure and money. Regardless of if you are a fan or not, we still support him because we buy his PPV's to either see him win or lose. I think it was smart on his part because he does not have a fan-friendly style, so he wouldn't have been able to make nearly the money that he is making now. When he was just "Pretty Boy" Floyd, he wasn't making the kind of money that the is making now. Now this badboy image that he's created pretty much when he fought Oscar and thereafter is what got him to where he is today. As you can see, he has toned it down a lot as he has gotten older and you can see it in comparison to Broner. Once Broner gets older (or if he gets manhandled by one of these welters) he will too start to tone it down. Another thing about his persona, my wife and son don't watch boxing on a regular, but whenever Floyd or Broner fight, they tune in to it. They like the smack talking and to see if they can back it up. I think some people take how these entertainers act too seriously. Floyd is a women beater. Umm... so is several million other men, but it don't get talked about in the media. Floyd doesn't go toe-to-toe...maybe because he's no longer fighting at 140 or 135. Many fighters have to lose 20 pounds in order to get to their fight weight. If Floyd did that, he'd be a lightweight. So these are the things that make Floyd hard to like, but he found a way to make money off of not being liked. For Floyd's last 4 fights (if he beats Canelo).

1. Winner of Garcia/Matthysse
                    2. T. Bradley (if he beats Marquez)
                    3. Khan (if he beats Alexander and avenge at least one of his loses) big money fight in the UK
                    4. Broner (last fight should be against lil brother if both are still undefeated).

And by the time Floyd gets to Broner for his last fight, The fans will be rooting for him to beat Broner. Can you imagine how much **** Broner will have talked by then if he's still undefeated? Fans will be rooting for Floyd to beat him to death.

Comment

Working...
                    X