No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan-Diaz Heads To The Motorpoint Arena in Sheffield

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Khan-Diaz Heads To The Motorpoint Arena in Sheffield

Julio Diaz is confident he can score an upset win when he takes on Amir Khan on the Brit's UK comeback on April 27. Khan's return fight has been confirmed for Sheffield's 12,000-capacity Motorpoint Arena on April 27.

"There are a lot weaknesses," Diaz told the Sun. "He can't take a punch and when he gets overwhelmed he tends to panic too much.

"I aim to make it a brawl. I won't be too technical or too pretty but it will be a real fight."
    [Click Here To Read More]

I have this strange theory that it isn't that Khan has a weak chin, its just that he's simply not used to getting hit on the chin and doesn't know how to react well to a chin shot.

Comment

only fight i'm set on seeing this day is martinez/murray. this fight will obviously not get in the way of that, so it's good to hear i'll be able to catch this one. hopefully the ny card gbp is doing ends before martinez's fight starts. if not, i'll just have to catch them afterwards.
      as for khan/diaz, i missed porter/diaz so i'm not sure how much diaz has left, but khan should have no problem getting the W in this one. it should be a pretty good fight. khan's usually in good fights, so i'm hoping this is another one.
      Last edited by chiguy91; 02-26-2013, 10:14 PM.

Comment

kind of a useless fight. maybe Khan needs another tune up, I don't know.

I'm sick of Golden Boy constantly having fights on nights where fights are already scheduled. **** blockers

Comment

he cant just fight twice a year thats not enough he should fight again in august then december if he does fight twice a year other boxers who are not on his level will catch up fast,i still think he could beat anyone in the 140 pound division but it looks like hes not dedicated anymore and is just looking for a few more paydays before he retires.

Comment

**** fight

Comment

I'd be surprised if Khan fills the place. His fan base in the UK isn't as large as people think.

I guess Sky and GB will push it down our throats, mind

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                I'd be surprised if Khan fills the place. His fan base in the UK isn't as large as people think.

I guess Sky and GB will push it down our throats, mind
                Except for last time he fought in England, he sold out the MEN.

Comment

Khan is such a shyt fighter. Talk about hype.

Comment

Originally posted by witter87 View Post
                    he cant just fight twice a year thats not enough he should fight again in august then december if he does fight twice a year other boxers who are not on his level will catch up fast,i still think he could beat anyone in the 140 pound division but it looks like hes not dedicated anymore and is just looking for a few more paydays before he retires.
                    Lol before 2012 he had fought 3 times a year every year. You have to remember that after the peterson robbery, it took a while before the rematch was made and then he failed his drug test.

Comment

Working...
                    X