Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guys... VICTOR ORTIZ' Jaw Did NOT Look Good!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys... VICTOR ORTIZ' Jaw Did NOT Look Good!!

Now, I'm no doctor or medical professional. But from the looks of Victor's re-constructed jaw, he does not look good, and I don't know if he should be involved in professional combat sports.

Victor's jawline and appearance are different now. He has that Kanye jutting jawline thing that doesn't look natural AT ALL.

Can a Jaw that has been reconstructed with plates/pins/whatever hold up to the rigors of professional boxing? Is it susceptible to dislocation or further damage?

I'm to understand that Victor's break was particularly bad.

Healing a jaw takes some time depending on the severity of the break.

My brother got in a really bad car wreck earlier this year and had plates / screws implanted on his jaw (broke literally right down the middle and also broke orbital bone). It's now starting to show signs of healing after about close to 6 months. I read Victor's jaw was broken in a couple places, but if he does fight again I don't think it'll be for quite a while. Victor will be able to fight again though. Ironically, his jaw will probably be stronger than it was before.

Comment

i agree..he looks like a jay leno's bastard son now...

Comment

Victors mentality has always and will always be his downfall, pair that with the nasty career damagng injury he's suffered and I concur that he really shouldn't fight again.

Comment

i wanna see maidana finish him off for good

Comment

his jaw looks different, but a good deal of the difference in the appearance of his face can be accredited to his being out of boxing shape.

there's a reason why every boxer in the weight classes has a lean face, it's because they boil their bodies down over eight or ten weeks through vigorous training, diet, and early morning roadwork.

when they're in between fights they always carry more fat in their faces

ortiz will need a long time to heal, but fighters have come back from broken jaws. ortiz problems go much further than a broken jaw. it's why his jaw got broken that i believe is the real issue, and i dont think they will ever adress it.

he's been stopped thrice now. he's going to be fighting bigger guys at 147 and 54. he's never been a great boxer. he's certainly peaked.

ali and abraham are great examples. they had great chins before and after they had their jaws broken in fights.

ortiz is all done for reasons outside of that jaw of his.
            Last edited by New England; 09-17-2012, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
              Healing a jaw takes some time depending on the severity of the break.

My brother got in a really bad car wreck earlier this year and had plates / screws implanted on his jaw (broke literally right down the middle and also broke orbital bone). It's now starting to show signs of healing after about close to 6 months. I read Victor's jaw was broken in a couple places, but if he does fight again I don't think it'll be for quite a while. Victor will be able to fight again though. Ironically, his jaw will probably be stronger than it was before.
              It absolutely will, when a bone breaks it heals stronger because of the amount of calcium that the body uses to repair the break.

I think his jaw is right on pace as far as healing is concerned. He will be fine, I think where he's at mentally is more of a question.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
                i wanna see maidana finish him off for good
                Fight won't happen.. Victor begged him for the rematch and Maidana said NO WAY

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  It absolutely will, when a bone breaks it heals stronger because of the amount of calcium that the body uses to repair the break.

I think his jaw is right on pace as far as healing is concerned. He will be fine, I think where he's at mentally is more of a question.
                  Couldn't agree more

Comment

Are you talking about him at the Canelo fight?

Any pics?

Comment

Working...
                    X