Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn To Warren: Froch Had No Interest in Cleverly Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn To Warren: Froch Had No Interest in Cleverly Bout

During the recent announcement of Nathan Cleverly’s latest world title defence against Vyacheslav Uzelkov, the champion’s promoter Frank Warren publicly stated that four offers were put forward to Bernard Hopkins, Beibut Shumenov, Carl Froch and bitter rival Tony Bellew to fight the WBO champion.

[Click Here To Read More]

What does Froch need to prove? Cleverly is a paper champ. Itd be a good domestic fight sure, but Froch has higher places to reach

Comment

Froch only rehydrated up to 172lb's for the Bute fight, so i can understand if he never fights at 175lb's.

Comment

Makes no sense whatsoever...different weight and Warren knows Froch walks around pretty much at fighting weight, he isnt a light heavy.

man v boy anyway..run along now and defend your title against Euro level Opposition cos that what's you are so far.

Comment

Make offers to legit opponents that you know are unavailable, and use them turning down the fight as an excuse to fight a random nobody, classic Warren tactic.

Comment

Clev following the Calzaghe blueprint. Expect him to ask Roy Jones for a fight next.

Froch is so far beyond Cleverly that it's not even worth the two sides having talks. Froch could take the fight at 175 and come in at his normal weight and still win easily.

Comment

If I were Froch, I'd pursue a Cleverly fight at some point.

2 weight world champion would do him some justice.

Comment

Originally posted by rampant View Post
                Makes no sense whatsoever...different weight and Warren knows Froch walks around pretty much at fighting weight, he isnt a light heavy.

man v boy anyway..run along now and defend your title against Euro level Opposition cos that what's you are so far.
                Indeed. Like that last guy he fought, everyone's favorite "Euro" Tommy Karpency.

:*******:

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                  If I were Froch, I'd pursue a Cleverly fight at some point.

2 weight world champion would do him some justice.

I was actually thinking the same exact thing.

Why the hell not? It'd be a big domestic showdown, and Froch could snag a belt in another weight class to add to his accolades.

Comment

Why would Froch move up and fight Cleverly when he's scheduled to rematch Bute at 168 after his next fight? Moving up and down in weight at 35 wouldn't be smart at all.

And I'm surprised B-Hop turned down Cleverly. Would have been a good opportunity to break his own record for oldest man to win a world title and take another young fighter's O.

Comment

Working...
                    X