Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Rank - good or bad for Rigondeaux?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BAD! Reason why is because even if you get Donaire and beat him...THEN WHAT?

I think GBP might have a more in depth roster For him, not only could they sale Rigondeaux vs Mares has a pretty big match up, Chemito Moreno if he moves up, Randy Caballero is a up and comer and if Rigondeaux decides to move up then GBP also have a up and comer like Russell Jr they can match Rigondeaux up with...just more potential match ups for him then Top Rank...but the problem with GBP is that Rigondeax really won't be a Top Priority and they will be hoping that Mares, Russell Jr and Caballero...DEFEATS you because they are YOUNGER

TMT Promotions is a bit of a Unknown at the moment, but with them you could possibly still do business with Top Rank and GBP

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      In the last fight, he beat Ndlovu twice before though.
      Totally missed that lol. A trilogy where one fighter gets stopped and then loses a decision, to come back and win the last fight by decision lol.

TMT could possibly have the lower weight divisions on lock if they have Gamboa and Rigo. They should definitely reach out to him.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjames616 View Post
        Top Rank has the biggest fight for him with Nonito but will they make the fight is the question.
        My guess is, no it won't happen. And Donaire is not worth waiting around for. There's plenty of other big fights out there. Mares-Rigo would be a better fight than Donaire-Rigo IMO.

Given Rigo's pro experience they are moving him along good but at the same time not good enough for his age.

Comment

Donaire is definitely not a big enough name for Rigo to wait around and stall his career. It's not like Donaire is a super-star who consistently sells out arenas and does good PPV #'s. While he's waiting for Donaire, he's gonna keep fighting guys who aren't worth his time? **** that. He should beat whoever TR puts in front of him, and then jump ship to TMT. Then, he'll probably be able to get the best fights from either promotion because TMT has no beef with TR/GB.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            Donaire is definitely not a big enough name for Rigo to wait around and stall his career. It's not like Donaire is a super-star who consistently sells out arenas and does good PPV #'s.
            Exactly where I was getting at. Understandable if Martinez did it for Chavez, Mayweather or Pacquiao. But waiting for Donaire and wasting your time waiting around is just not worth it in this case. Hell, he can go fight Nishioka in Japa and PROBABLY do same/better numbers than if he fought Donaire here.

Comment

Arum doesn't have faith in Donaire, I'm 100% sure he thinks that Donaire will get beat. There's simply no other good reason for them to not have fought one another already. Had Rigo been an obviously inferior fighter (e.g. Mathebula), Arum would've made this fight right after Rigo beat Ramos. All the other excuses ("he doesn't bring in money", "he's boring") are just to satisfy the haters and fan-boys. Rigo has too much skill and boxing experience to be treated like just another prospect.
              Last edited by kiaba360; 08-02-2012, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Arum doesn't have faith in Donaire, I'm 100% sure he thinks that Donaire will get beat. There's simply no other good reason for them to not have fought one another already. Had Rigo been an obviously inferior fighter (e.g. Mathebula), Arum would've made this fight right after Rigo beat Ramos. All the other excuses ("he doesn't bring in money", "he's boring") are just to satisfy the haters and fan-boys. Rigo has too much skill and boxing experience to be treated like just another prospect.
                Well, with him cashing out on Pacquiao who will be his Filipino 'star' then? Not Gesta, not just yet. So he needs to keep Donaire where he's at now so he can keep making money off of him.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  Well, with him cashing out on Pacquiao who will be his Filipino 'star' then? Not Gesta, not just yet. So he needs to keep Donaire where he's at now so he can keep making money off of him.
                  Watch the beginning of this:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBv4z...hannel&list=UL

Now I understand why Arum is making Donaire/Arce.

Comment

Watch the beginning of this:
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBv4z...hannel&list=UL

Now I understand why Arum is making Donaire/Arce.
                    Rofl! Looks like I hit the nail on the head. I never saw this video before. Good one.

You should post this up in a new thread.

Comment

Until I see the type of fights TMT fighters are landing and their purses, I don't want to see ANYONE go over there.

People just like the name. For all we know it could be no better than signing with Don King.

Comment

Working...
                      X