No announcement yet.

Lots of guys here think Pacquiao's nice guy persona is a fake

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...wfQLsbn0#t=19s
    Reminded to pray before he celebrates... he almost forgot until reminded.
    I real genuine guy. lol

But in all seriousness, Nice guy. but his handlers make him appear to be Christ like.

Comment

i'm pretty sure hes a genuinely overall a nice guy.

i do see his cockiness at times, but compared to a lot of boxers, he is one of the nice and classiest boxers in the sport.

although i dont think hes SUPER christian like the media wanted the world to see. like the HBO crew reminding him to pray in the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
        I don't think his persona is "fake" per say, but I think it is greatly exaggerated. I do believe he is a genuinely nice guy (except to his wife), but because Philippines is so heavily Christian I think they play up his faith and things like that to make him more appealing over there.

Also this idea of him starving on the streets teaching himself to box is complete horse****...he was provided room and board by the National Philippines Amateur Team and had 40-50 some bouts as an amateur. Again I think they play up many aspects of him to make him more appealing.
        WTF! He has no amateur boxing background, unless you consider the streetfighting type he has done just to buy food for the day.

Comment

The fact that NSB is full of moronic 16 year olds probably has something to do with it. The guy is pure class, but no one is perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by tacuso View Post
            WTF! He has no amateur boxing background, unless you consider the streetfighting type he has done just to buy food for the day.
            both of you guys are.... making... my head.... explode.....

Pac has been living in the streets for some time (not a very long time) but yea he does have an amateur record of around 64 fights i think

Comment

well pac is definitely not a saint, but he doesn't talk alot of smack against his opponents, he doesn't go around talking about how rich he is or that he is the greatest of all time, and he seems to get along with alot of other boxers and people. so, in that respect he is considered a nice, humble and down to earth person.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                I don't think his persona is "fake" per say, but I think it is greatly exaggerated. I do believe he is a genuinely nice guy (except to his wife), but because Philippines is so heavily Christian I think they play up his faith and things like that to make him more appealing over there.

Also this idea of him starving on the streets teaching himself to box is complete horse****...he was provided room and board by the National Philippines Amateur Team and had 40-50 some bouts as an amateur. Again I think they play up many aspects of him to make him more appealing.
                the poverty pac experienced isn't really hore**** though. he still came up the hard way despite having been given a room and board by the national amateur team.

interesting video of where pac used to stay when he was i think around 15 or something..

Comment

Working...
                X