Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was J.C Chavez Senior top ten all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was J.C Chavez Senior top ten all time?

I've seen a couple rankings where Julio Cesar Chavez was barely included in the top ten all time. How does the history section rank him? His resume surely beats today's fighters.

No.

Nor is he close.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      No.

Nor is he close.
      ^^^^^^^^^This

And a "resume beating today's fighters" isn't saying much.

Comment

Great fighter, but not top 10 for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Danieltapia View Post
          I've seen a couple rankings where Julio Cesar Chavez was barely included in the top ten all time. How does the history section rank him? His resume surely beats today's fighters.
          Nope. I'm not even sure I'd have him top-10 at Lightweight considering how stacked that division has been historically. I think I may have had him as high as #10 at Lightweight from time to time but I drop him out just as often as I've had him in there.

Poet

Comment

I'm one of his biggest fans and don't think he's top ten. Top 25? Yeah, probably.

He has become somewhat underrated over time because the controversy surrounding a few of his fights has brought many to judge him very harshly. It's now believed "he was easy to outbox" by some bad revisionists because the slickest dude since Willie Pep schooled him....and that's pretty d*mn stupid people now jump to that conclusion.

He was the best fighter in the world for a few years and one of the best for over a decade.

Comment

I can see Chavez in the top 20 or top 30. But top 10 I would clearly say "no"

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
                I'm one of his biggest fans and don't think he's top ten. Top 25? Yeah, probably.

He has become somewhat underrated over time because the controversy surrounding a few of his fights has brought many to judge him very harshly. It's now believed "he was easy to outbox" by some bad revisionists because the slickest dude since Willie Pep schooled him....and that's pretty d*mn stupid people now jump to that conclusion.

He was the best fighter in the world for a few years and one of the best for over a decade.

Heh, I love it when people say Chavez struggled against speed. Someone shoulda told him that when he beat down Camacho and Taylor x2

Comment

Originally posted by monkey skeleton View Post
                  Heh, I love it when people say Chavez struggled against speed. Someone shoulda told him that when he beat down Camacho and Taylor x2
                  He lost every round to Taylor the first time round, but knocked him out at the very last second. Almost literally.

Taylor was able to shut him out because he beat him to the punch every time then moved before he could answer with punches of his own.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                    He lost every round to Taylor the first time round, but knocked him out at the very last second. Almost literally.

Taylor was able to shut him out because he beat him to the punch every time then moved before he could answer with punches of his own.
                    He didn't shut him out but he gave him a boxing lesson. Unfortunately Chavez gave Taylor an even worse beating.

Comment

Working...
                    X