No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Devon Alexander, Tim Bradley and The Fighters’ Bond

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Devon Alexander, Tim Bradley and The Fighters’ Bond

By Thomas Gerbasi - When it comes to pure violence, there was probably no better representation of that idea in the prize ring than the 1982 bout between Aaron Pryor and Alexis Arguello. For nearly 14 rounds, the two future Hall of Famers assaulted each other with a fury rarely seen in a supposedly civilized culture.

There have been executions that were stopped earlier than this fight, but years later, there was a stark reminder that at its core, it was still a sporting event, a competition. I had the honor of talking to Arguello in 1998, and as you would expect, the conversation eventually found its way to his fights with a man who did everything in his power to separate the Nicaraguan great’s head from his shoulders. I asked him what it’s like when he ran into “The Hawk” at various functions, like those at the International Boxing Hall of Fame in Canastota, New York. [Click Here To Read More]

i was so lucky that i was able to have the chance to watch those fights (expecially boom-boom vs. kim: such a brutal fight) during that time and for me that was the height of boxing where fighters are not afraid to fight what was in front of them or no excuses for testing and accusing -- nothing bull****. pure brutal boxing that was used to loved by the people.

after that, besides tyson, delahoya and now pacquiao, i had lost interests in watching boxing.

Comment

now we have david haye and floyd mayweather (i used to like this guy before).

Comment

Originally posted by xaviertooth View Post
        i was so lucky that i was able to have the chance to watch those fights (expecially boom-boom vs. kim: such a brutal fight) during that time and for me that was the height of boxing where fighters are not afraid to fight what was in front of them or no excuses for testing and accusing -- nothing bull****. pure brutal boxing that was used to loved by the people.

after that, besides tyson, delahoya and now pacquiao, i had lost interests in watching boxing.
        Absolutely. I remember the Boom-Boom vs. Kim match as well. I think we still have fighters that are out there going un-noticed that are still willing to put it ALL on the line. But they just dont televise Boxing like they used to. I mean I was a kid in 82. But who didn't know who Ray Boom-Boom Mancini was? And who would miss one of his fights? The sport really needs more television exposure. More than FNF IMHO.

Comment

Cant wait for this one. Two world class champions fighting for belts. Thats what boxing is about.

Comment

Bs posters are so busy posting about pac vs floyd which isnt happening they forgot to comment on this!!!

I think alexander will get the win by decision!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jtiger78 View Post
              Bs posters are so busy posting about pac vs floyd which isnt happening they forgot to comment on this!!!

I think alexander will get the win by decision!!!
              Honnestly.

It's a good fight.But I think the winner of this fight will be overrated a lot.

I hope the best for both fighters, nice young dudes.

I think Khan beat the winner clearly if he chin handle like against Maidana.

Comment

One of the most even fights that can be made. I am pumped up to see this tomorrow night. What makes this one a possible great match-up is that neither guy is flawless. They both have super ability but both have some *****s in their armor and each guy has the ammo to capitalize on the others mistake.

Comment

Pryor/Arguello 1: Round 8...Panama Lewis, "give me that bottle, no not that one, the one I MIXED"...Hmmm!!!
                  The Hawk, was a fantastic fighter true, but I've always wondered what else Lewis might have been up to that night in Miami; Especially in light of the Resto affair!!!
                  Good to see the best fighting the best on Saturday!!!

Comment

I'm still flip flopping on who wins.

Can't wait though.

Comment

Working...
                    X