Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was Cotto able to beat Margarito in the rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    because Margarito was shot and only had one eye
    from what I recall Margarito had both eyes when the match started then he ended up with one.

Comment

Because Cotto was protected.

Comment

Well Margarito was half-blind dead man for one after the beatings he'd taken from Pacquaio and Mosley plus the long lay-offs.

Secondly Cotto fought a better fight.

Thirdly a doctor stopped the fight before what was likely to be the most dangerous period of the fight for Cotto.

Comment

Cotto was the better fighter that night.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
            because Margarito was shot and only had one eye
            It's this easy, folks. Miguel Cotto should thank Manny Pacquiao for creating that stoppage for him.

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post
              In your opinion what was the difference between the 1st and the 2nd fights?
              I can't give you an honest opinion, its very simple after Margarito beat Cotto in the first fight I gave much respect to Antonio but after he got caught in the Mosley fight then things changed, you wonder if he did or not use them with Cotto so I personally don't care too much for the first fight but the second one told a different story than the first...I wonder why.

Comment

that was past prime cotto as well.

Just so we make it clear, dont want no flowmo thinking that version who bloodied floyds nose was anywhere prime.

just a clarification.

Comment

Cause this time cotto knew all he had to do was not quit or get knocked out and he would have won no matter what.

Its something to know that all you have to do is finish the fight on your feet and you are guaranteed the win.

take that eye issue out the equation and Margarito would have 0 damage and he would have tko cotto again. Last two rounds would have been brutal.

Comment

poll fail
                    THE EXTRA DR THAT WAS ASSIGNED WON THE FIGHT FOR COTTO

Comment

people responsible for Cotto's win

Mosley 5%
                      Pacquiao 80%
                      Doctor 15%
                      Cotto -90001

Comment

Working...
                      X