Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So you guys really think Pacquaio is better than Pernell Whitaker? last 20 years poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
    Pretty sure he has been the FAVORITE not the underdog in most of his fights... as of lately,he is bound to win with fighting naturally lighter opponents and previously weight drained or catchweighting for titles...

In terms of p4p, Pac couldn't hold Pernell's nuts...when did he ask for any of the stipulations that Manny had to???
    For a featherweight who is coming in as a favorite (according to you) vs big welterweight and he's not great. PAC is making fight look like he's on roid...don't forget .
    Last edited by ModernTalking; 05-23-2012, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      Whitaker didnt lose Many rounds in his prime period..their is a difference...out his 4 loses 3 came when he was past prime...the first was a very controversial decision in Ramirez hometown...completely embarassed Ramirz in the 2nd fight

look at who and when Manny fought his opponents in the past 5 years...catchweights, after big loses even his best win Morales and Barrera are guys he beat past prime, Morales was past prime and won their first fight and couldnt beat Marquez clearly once in 3 tries and the last time he was 37

other than Chavez when both were starting to slow down...Whitaker fought Trinidad, ODLH, Azumah Nelson, Roger Mayweather, Greg Haugen, Roger Mayweather, Buddy McGirt all in their primes
      You sound butthurt that we think PAC is better then Sweet Pea .

Comment

Originally posted by Popovich View Post
        I hate crybaby threads like this.

It sickens me that just because someone claims Manny is better than a retired fighter or ATG, they are not boxing fans or they are biased/new to the sport.

It's called having an opinion.....
        Last edited by The Guillotine; 05-23-2012, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Pac and pea are the best southpaws of all time. I have pea ranked higher right now. If pac walks through bradley that will probably change.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            Man some of you guys must just started watching boxing like five years ago....Pernell Whitaker(late 80's mid 90's) and Roy Jones(mid 90's-early 2000s) were undoubtedly the best fighters of their time...

Pacquaio hasnt even shown he is the best fighter of his era, and actually got the title "best fighter p4p" by default just because Mayweather had retired after the Ricky Hatton fight...Mayweather was a top 5 p4p guy for the past 12 years and has beaten more champions is more skillful as well

Im a fan of both fighters but really...for me its Either Pernell Whitaker or Jones who should be considered the best of the past 20 years.....until Manny and Floyd fight each other this era is just 1a and 1b no one proved they are the best

if you arent even considered the best of your time how can you be the best of the last 20 years?
            If the question is who is the better fighter then it seems like you are telling everyone they should vote for Whitaker or they are wrong and have only been watching fights 5 years and you bring Mayweather and Jones into it. I have watched boxing since 1950 and I know both fighters well. I give the edge to Pacquiao although it's close. Whether Pac is better than Floyd has nothing to do with how he rates against Whitaker. I like Roy and Floyd better than Whitaker. Whitaker had a great defense but not much punch.

Comment

Sweet Pea will always be ranked higher.

Only Pac fan boys say Pac is higher, pac is a great FIGHTER AND BRAWLER.

But there are plenty of boxer past and present with more raw talent, skill and ability.

While Pac has fought and beaten big names, there were better champions out there, but Arum elected to cater to his style and match ups. Which is fine and the best way to make money.

But as you see with Floyd and Oscar, they wanted bigger and better fights and when he didnt wanna give those they both dipped on him and made more money than Arum could ever imagine.

One day Manny will.wake.up

Comment

In fairness, that poll was just after the Cotto fight.

Pacquaio's overrating was at it's very peak then.

Comment

Power has nothing to do with being better. Look at Randall Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
                    Sweet Pea will always be ranked higher.

Only Pac fan boys say Pac is higher, pac is a great FIGHTER AND BRAWLER.

But there are plenty of boxer past and present with more raw talent, skill and ability.

While Pac has fought and beaten big names, there were better champions out there, but Arum elected to cater to his style and match ups. Which is fine and the best way to make money.

But as you see with Floyd and Oscar, they wanted bigger and better fights and when he didnt wanna give those they both dipped on him and made more money than Arum could ever imagine.

One day Manny will.wake.up

Comment

Its clear Pernel is the better showman in the vain of the great basketball teams with all their tricks and stuff, and the way Pernel avoided punches was entertaining to watch. Pernel obviously has tricks up his sleeve that Pac hasnt. But while Pernel is avoiding punches, he isnt knocking people out.

But the better fighter is Pac,
                      Last edited by hugh grant; 05-23-2012, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X