No announcement yet.

Saul Alvarez vs Cornelius Bundrage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saul Alvarez vs Cornelius Bundrage

If I were GBP, this is exactly the fight I would go for. Bundrage is old, inactive and probably looking to cash out while he still holds the belt hostage...and yet its still a fairly legitimate fight since Bundrage DOES hold the IBF belt(that he won legitimately over Cory Spinks).

Gives Alvarez time for some much needed development against a different style opponent, and yet he is still fighting a top opponent in the division.(which he is required to do from now on, since he now is a(n) (illegitimate) beltholder).

Who do you think wins?

side note: Alvarez has been improving from fight to fight. hopefully what he learned from this last one is that he needs to settle down and let the KO come to him, not just go after in in bursts. probably was trying to hard to impress.
    Alvarez by TKO/KO
    40.00%
    Alvarez by decision
    53.33%
    NC/Draw/Wlad by KO/Matt Hatt was robbed!
    0.00%
    Bundrage by decision
    0.00%
    Bundrage by TKO/KO
    6.67%

say what u want about the limited bundrage but he's not holding that belt hostage

bundrage vs lara is in the works right now which is a much better fight imo

Comment

Alvarez by KO. But Bundrage is probably gonna get his belt snatched by Lara next.

Let's see him and Austin Trout go at it. He needs to avenge his brother's lopsided loss.

Comment

U know what bro,Canelo is the 2nd fighter to opt for a catchweight title farce when K-9 has had that title in limbo.Pacman did it last year & Canelo this year.He would have been an easy legit win for either,it's crazy to me.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
          If I were GBP, this is exactly the fight I would go for. Bundrage is old, inactive and probably looking to cash out while he still holds the belt hostage...and yet its still a fairly legitimate fight since Bundrage DOES hold the IBF belt(that he won legitimately over Cory Spinks).

Gives Alvarez time for some much needed development against a different style opponent, and yet he is still fighting a top opponent in the division.(which he is required to do from now on, since he now is a(n) (illegitimate) beltholder).

Who do you think wins?

side note: Alvarez has been improving from fight to fight. hopefully what he learned from this last one is that he needs to settle down and let the KO come to him, not just go after in in bursts. probably was trying to hard to impress.
          good post..It will test canelo,Get him a belt and experince with a slick
          boxer.Make it happen goldenboy.

Comment

Who do you think wins?

According to an article published here on Boxingscene, it looks like it's going to be Lara-Bundrage first. So it might be Lara-Alvarez we'll be talking about in a few months.

Comment

Who do you think wins?

Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner in the "who the **** can Canelo beat at 154" contest. That is the best move and it didnt cross my mind. Now for this improving form fight to fight deal. What are these small victories you speak of?

Comment

This will probably be an ok first defense for Alvarez. Doesn't matter Bundrage isn't ranked by the WBC, Hatton was not ranked at 154 either. Wonder if Golden Boy would consider this too dangerous an opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcov View Post
                  This will probably be an ok first defense for Alvarez. Doesn't matter Bundrage isn't ranked by the WBC, Hatton was not ranked at 154 either. Wonder if Golden Boy would consider this too dangerous an opponent.
                  the wbc dont rank other champions.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    According to an article published here on Boxingscene, it looks like it's going to be Lara-Bundrage first. So it might be Lara-Alvarez we'll be talking about in a few months.
                    Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                    say what u want about the limited bundrage but he's not holding that belt hostage

bundrage vs lara is in the works right now which is a much better fight imo
                    Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
                    Alvarez by KO. But Bundrage is probably gonna get his belt snatched by Lara next.

Let's see him and Austin Trout go at it. He needs to avenge his brother's lopsided loss.
                    interesting. I havent heard of that..thanks for letting me know. Lara is probably a more dangerous fight for Alvarez.
                    Trout is a great idea too, since he did just pick up a belt and beat Alvarez's brother...but from what Ive heard about Trout, his style would be a real pain in the ass for Alvarez. but the fight ought to happen anyway imo.

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                    Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner in the "who the **** can Canelo beat at 154" contest. That is the best move and it didnt cross my mind. Now for this improving form fight to fight deal. What are these small victories you speak of?
                    After the Cotto fight he has had his right hand glued to his chin to guard left hooks.
                    The Cuello fight he started putting together accurate left hooks.
                    The Baldomir fight he improved his jab and defense.
                    The Ndou fight taught him how to pace himself.

he certainly has improved from a year or two ago, just watch some of his older tapes.

Comment

Working...
                    X