No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vazquez Jr Rallies, Knocks Out Oquendo In Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vazquez Jr Rallies, Knocks Out Oquendo In Seven

By Jake Donovan - Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. avoided disaster with a come-from-behind 7th round stoppage of countryman Jonathan Oquendo in their pay-per-view headliner Saturday evening in Bayamon, Puerto Rico.

Vazquez Jr. weighed 121 ¾ lb for his first bout since a points loss to Nonito Donaire earlier this year. Oquendo came in that the divisional limit of 122 lb. for their regional title fight. [Click Here To Read More]

it was a great fight but oquendo was just wasting all his energy loading up on his punches instead of pacing himself and to top that off he was standing during rounds instead of resting wv2 waited picked his shots went in for the kill and ***** juanma tried to start with wv2 props to oquendo he has some pop and can get a big fight after this exciting brawl and gonzalez has some wicked body punches

Comment

They should make Vazquez vs Juanma next. The one with the better chin wins because both guys can bang.

Comment

Good win for Vazquez Jr!!! Oquendo did better than what I thought(& most likely more than what Vazquez Jr & his team thought)Oquendo was quicker & stronger than expected & he rocked Vazquez Jr twice, but Vazquez Jr had something Oquendo was missing & that's HEART & CONDITIONING!!Vazquez Jr kept on coming & landing his shots till Oquendo wore out & when Vazquez Jr landed his shots & kept on till he hurt Oquendo he(Oquendo) did a good imitation of Calderón & folded like a taco!!

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
          it was a great fight but oquendo was just wasting all his energy loading up on his punches instead of pacing himself and to top that off he was standing during rounds instead of resting wv2 waited picked his shots went in for the kill and ***** juanma tried to start with wv2 props to oquendo he has some pop and can get a big fight after this exciting brawl and gonzalez has some wicked body punches
          One thing you have to say about PRBBP, they rarely if ever put on a bad PPV card. Fans can dispute whether or not these cards are PPV worthy. But for those who are arleady committing to buy/watch it, you always get your money's worth in that sense.

Comment

I would like to see Vazquez fight Arce again. If that fight can't be made then I would like to see him fight Vic the raging bull.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
              I would like to see Vazquez fight Arce again. If that fight can't be made then I would like to see him fight Vic the raging bull.
              I like this idea.

Comment

WV2 was xposed, in this good bout & win 4 him, as a slow strter, but a few back h wasn't, so what gives...still a force in the division...

Comment

Working...
                X