No announcement yet.

They should have a tournament at 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    The chance of Barker losing (or getting injured) before he gets to GGG/Quillin is high imho. I hope that Geale and Murray don't wait around for a Barker match-up.
    I could see Geale fighting Soliman in an 'IBF Eliminator' or a Mundine III fight. Murray could fight Macklin in a big domestic fight.

Comment

This would be awesome and really shut some people up, I just wouldn't want to see Quillin vs Martinez lol

Comment

A legit HBO tournament could be set up, it would be huge, bigger than the super 6.

I'd have:

Barker v Geale II

GGG v Murray

The winner fights each other for the chance of then facing Martinez in the "final"

I've tried to keep this as realistic as possible, all HBO fighters, I'd rather see Barker v Sturm but noway does Sturm leave Germany and fight in the US, which is what he'd have to do.

GGG v Murray could be made after Stevens and once Murray's visa issues are sorted. Plus it's a more competitive fight than GGG/Barker/N'Dam/Rubio. And of course the big prize is a Martinez match up.

Comment

Barker has about 2 fights max left in him I think, 1 if he loses his first defence.
          He should fight murray for a big pay day, as long as he doesn't give
          Macklin a shot, Arrogant MM doesn't deserve it and thinks he's a big name in America
          Got 5 loses to his name now.

Comment

Originally posted by dantheman1983 View Post
            Barker has about 2 fights max left in him I think, 1 if he loses his first defence.
            He should fight murray for a big pay day, as long as he doesn't give
            Macklin a shot, Arrogant MM doesn't deserve it and thinks he's a big name in America
            Got 5 loses to his name now.
            Nightmare scenario is Sturm beating Barker in December/January and taking the belt back to Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              Nightmare scenario is Sturm beating Barker in December/January and taking the belt back to Germany.
              And then he'll just keep fighting the bottom barrel of the top 15

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                Ideally we'd have:
                Martinez (RING/WBC) v Golovkin (WBA)
                Quillin (WBO) v Barker (IBF)

More realistically we'll have:

HBO warming-up a Sergio/GGG fight
                Martinez (RING/WBC) v Rubio? April 2014
                Golovkin (WBA) v Stevens/Mora/Pirog late-2013-mid-2014
                Martinez (RING/WBC) v Golovkin (WBA) late-2014

Barker fighting his way up
                Barker (IBF) v Sturm December 2013
                Barker (IBF) v Geale II mid-2014
                Barker (IBF) v Murray late-2014
                Barker/Murray (IBF) v Golovkin (?)/Quillin (WBO) mid-2015
                That's assuming barker wins those fights. Probably lucky to beat geale last weekend

Comment

If they did have a tournament at 160 I'd bet ggg would clean the division out. Unless kid chocolate somehow was to beat him which I'd doubt considering the fact he's ducking him.

Comment

Too many different promoters.
                    Which network will show 160 super 6?
                    Too many political issues

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
                      Too many different promoters.
                      Which network will show 160 super 6?
                      Too many political issues
                      Only Quillin is with Showtime/Golden Boy so it could actually easily work on HBO being that dibella, k2, main events, etc all work together.

But Martinez obviously wouldn't participate since he's injured and probably at the tail end of his career. So it would be a little pointless now I mean it could be Golovkin, Murray, Macklin, Geale, Barker, Stevens. Maybe Pirog and Ndam but Pirog has had so any injuries not sure if he would be up for a tournament.
                      Last edited by ИATAS; 08-21-2013, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X