I give Meek Mill 3 years to take over the rap game

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    Commercial hip hop is so bad now.....wow

Let me give you a video of some REAL hip hop that is going on today.

Your welcome, listen and learn what REAL Hip Hop is. Stop feeding your ears $1 cheeseburgers and start feeding them filet mignon. I know it's more expensive, harder to find and isn't dumbed down but hey, it's better for you.
    My boy Z-Ro be spitting out some real talk.

Comment

Best rapper out right now imo

Comment

Originally posted by VersaBan View Post
        My boy Z-Ro be spitting out some real talk.
        I ran into a 4 year old kid on the street that could rap better than that......that might be the worst shi.t I ever heard, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny_Blanco787 View Post
          Best rapper out right now imo

Joell Ortiz? Pfft, he's not even the best rapper on Slaughterhouse and to this day 'Hip Hop' is still his best song.

Comment

I ran into a 4 year old kid on the street that could rap better than that......that might be the worst shi.t I ever heard, thanks.
            He's talking about some real stuff that every day people go through and feel. You don't have to be a lyrical genius to be good at rapping and getting the word across.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              Lets not act like Em and Nas aren't around anymore either. They are still the two best rappers alive.

Kendrick, J Cole, Logic, Big KRIT, Yelawolf, > Meek Mill, Drake, Big Sean, Wale, Lloyd Banks, Wayne, Wiz

And I'll even take guys lie Currensy and Macklemore over those others. Even Kid Cudi, Machine Gun Kelly, and Mac Miller make better music than those in my honest opinion.

Mill, Sean, Wale, Wiz, and all those, it all sounds too generic to me.

Lyrically, Machine Gun Kelly is pretty underrated. He can spit, he just comes off as a douche bag. And though Cudi and Mac aren't the best lyrically, they make some dope songs and have an ability to make some dope music.

Comment

Originally posted by VersaBan View Post
                He's talking about some real stuff that every day people go through and feel. You don't have to be a lyrical genius to be good at rapping and getting the word across.
                It kind of helps when you are supposed to be a lyricist doens't it? I can stand on the corner and talk some real shi.t but that doesn't make me a rapper though does it?

Comment

I wish Hopsin was more main stream. Hopsin > Meek Mills

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by VersaBan

It kind of helps when you are supposed to be a lyricist doens't it? I can stand on the corner and talk some real shi.t but that doesn't make me a rapper though does it?
                    Depends how your message is portrayed by the public. Z-Ro gets hugh regards around the South and beyond. Anybody rapping on a corner doesn't get that.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

No, they aren't really that good to be honest. Did you hear the link I posted or just ignored it as usual?
                      No I've heard that before. I think the people that don't respect the underground aspect of hip hop need to broaden their views, because some of the mainstream hip hop is whack as hell. At the same time, the problem with underground styled hip hop listeners, they can't respect good mainstream artists either.

Kendrick Lamar is 150% more original than what you posted, you should listen to more of his stuff than just Swimming Pools or Poetic Justice. Big KRIT and Yelawolf are two very talented southern emcee's. Check out Hometown Hero, The Vent, Neva Go Back, from KRIT. And check out Box Chevy, Get Away, and The Last Song from Yelawolf. They are lyrical man.

And listen to Logic, who I highly doubt you've actually listened to that much of. Check out Young Sinatra I, Young Sinatra II, Young Sinatra III, Can I Love, 30000, Growing Pains I, Growing Pains II, Dead Presidents III, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X