No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kell Brook: Welterweight Champs are Making Excuses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kell Brook: Welterweight Champs are Making Excuses

Undefeated welterweight contender Kell Brook (24-0, 16 KOs) is taking aim at all of the world champions. This Saturday, Brook faces 34-year-old Polish veteran Rafal Jackiewicz (38-9-1, 19 KOs) at the Ponds Forge Arena in Sheffield. The fight is a WBA world title eliminator, but there is no indication if a bout with WBA champ Vyacheslav Senchenko can easily be made.

[Click Here To Read More]

Can't help but think that nobody in the business really believes in Kell.

Frank never seemed that bothered with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
      Can't help but think that nobody in the business really believes in Kell.

Frank never seemed that bothered with him.

I believe in him, I think he is certainly one of the most talented U.K talents.

Comment

Is there no way Senchenko would be stripped if he refused to fight the winner of Jackiewicz-Brook?

I like Kell Brook as a fighter though and a UK showdown at 147 would be a classic and a massive earner.

If Khan is holding grudges against promoters like Hearn already its not gonna help him. Hearn may be a B-level Brit promoter but he holds a bit of weight and Khan needs to keep his UK options open.

I would love to see this fight happen for a title.

Comment

Originally posted by dancovboxer View Post
          I believe in him, I think he is certainly one of the most talented U.K talents.
          He's never been a decent fight though, really.

Not his fault.

His most interesting fight was against Barrie Jones - and with all due respect - who is Barrie Jones?

A world ranked opponent at the weekend, though. So it should be good. The Hearns have definitely showed more ambition with him than Frank has.

Comment

WBA is going to either make Senchenko fight, strip him of his title in time for Khan or make Kell Brook the regular champion if he wins.
            They want Brook to fight Khan... i hate the wba

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              WBA is going to either make Senchenko fight, strip him of his title in time for Khan or make Kell Brook the regular champion if he wins.
              They want Brook to fight Khan... i hate the wba
              This is kinda at a tangent but I hear the WBA was formed by guys from Puerto Rico who didn't like Mexicans when they were in the WBC and its always had legit champs.

Its not like the WBO where you can hang onto your belt and fight no mandatories for example but what struck me was that the WBC-WBA story is just a continuation of the Mexico vs PR feud. So much so that it caused the creation of a new boxing organisation.

makes me lol

Comment

No doubt kell has talent but he is one of them fighters who has'nt proved **** but yet thinks he's top of the ladder....

Comment

Sure Kell has the skill and a ton of potential but he needs to step it up a gear if he wins and get a big name lined up next, not sure what Khans problem with Hearn is but sounds like he is getting them excuses in quick, bet he fights Hatton or Gavin Rees, he aint going nowhere near a live fighter like Brook

Comment

Originally posted by DET. IRONSIDE View Post
                    This is kinda at a tangent but I hear the WBA was formed by guys from Puerto Rico who didn't like Mexicans when they were in the WBC and its always had legit champs.

Its not like the WBO where you can hang onto your belt and fight no mandatories for example but what struck me was that the WBC-WBA story is just a continuation of the Mexico vs PR feud. So much so that it caused the creation of a new boxing organisation.

makes me lol
                    This is why I hate there being multiple world champions and belts.

Comment

Working...
                    X