Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Anybody Here Studying Engineering Or Computer Science?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
    You are studying computer science? I have two years left for both engineering and computer science. I might only study civil engineering from now on, though. However, I take computer science classes for fun, and I might want to get that degree later on. How is Assembly? Do they teach you to use pointers?
    yes computer science...

that's cool, hopefully you dont get worn out...

well i misspoke...didnt take a class named assembly, but ive worked with assembler in some of my classes...and yes i did see some pointers.tbh though, most of my work is with high level languages....mostly Java.
    Last edited by -Hyperion-; 12-14-2012, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
      Well, they introduce some integration in Calculus I. However, they run with it in Calculus II. I think these are like 4 unit classes here in America.
      Ah thanks for the info. It's 5 units for engineering here and 6 units for BS math and other sciences for Cal I.

Just curious, what topics you find difficult or challenging in Cal I?

Comment

i'm in mechanical engineering...**** is hard...but will be so worth it in the end...anything i may be able to help with, i'll be glad to...and that truss problem is giving me a headache, so i think i'll take the moment at A and start summing the forces...

Comment

Originally posted by screwhead1 View Post
          i'm in mechanical engineering...**** is hard...but will be so worth it in the end...anything i may be able to help with, i'll be glad to...and that truss problem is giving me a headache, so i think i'll take the moment at A and start summing the forces...
          Ha. Cool bro. Don't worry, bro. I was just showing the truss problem to show people what statics is about. That's right, bro, maybe solve for the support reactions by doing external force equilibrium, in x, y, and moment about some point. It depends on what the problem is asking for. You can either use method of joints or method of sections. I like statics.

Comment

If you ever take prestress concrete classes dont ever tell women about it because they will want to have sex with you immediately and it can ruin your relationship or marriage if you are in one.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
              If you ever take prestress concrete classes dont ever tell women about it because they will want to have sex with you immediately and it can ruin your relationship or marriage if you are in one.
              No, I am single. I am looking forward to these sex orgies you are talking about. I am pretty sure chicks love it.

Comment

Working...
              X