Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pac needs to call out Floyd himself...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pac needs to call out Floyd himself...

If there's going to be any serious steps taken in making Mayweather/Pacquiao next year, Manny is going to need to grow him a pair and actually state himself that he will fight and beat Floyd. He's said it in the past before but it was only because he was pressed for an answer. He still stood behind his "talk to my promoter" stanza he usually says.

After the criticism that Pac and the overall sport of boxing has received for him choosing Mosley as his next opponent, Manny Pacquiao has the complete control to call out Mayweather and back him into a corner. It all depends on wheather or not Bob Arum is ready to feed him to Mayweather in fear of Pacquiao taking a loss. This reason alone is why Pac won't face Marquez, Berto, Martinez. Too risky, not enough money.

Pacquiao doesn't have many more Top Rank options left after this fight, so hopefully Bob Arum convinces Pac to make a bold statement about the Mayweather fight and the OSDT after he destroys Mosley. This will rile fans up. When Mosley climbed in the ring to challenge Mayweather after he defeated JMM, I thought it was good for the sport.

I hope Pacquiao realizes he has that control at this point.

He has. Next?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      He has. Next?
      When? I have only heard Roach and Team Pac comment on this.

Comment

I believe Pacquiao is terrified of Floyd. He would never call him out.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
          I believe Pacquiao is terrified of Floyd. He would never call him out.
          He has though. Search around, you'll find one of the times he has said "I want to fight Floyd."

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            He has though. Search around, you'll find one of the times he has said "I want to fight Floyd."
            That's not the same as calling him out. Mosley called out Floyd, Khan called out Maidana. Look at the way they did it compared to how Pacquiao has done it. He has more or less just said "Floyd is who I want to fight" but then goes on as if he's content not getting the fight. He has not shown a legitimate interest in fighting Floyd.

Comment

he has said a number of times he wants to fight floyd because the fans want it badly, last time he did it was on that 60 minute show before the fight with margarito

btw, the only chance of him not fighting a top rank guy is at around june or july, he will fight marquez or floyd if floyd mans up

after that he will fight the winner of cotto and margarito

Comment

PACQUIAO CALLS OUT MAYWEATHER: “FIGHT LIKE WARRIORS AND BRAVE MEN”

“I hope Mayweather is serious enough in doing business with Don King and is not doing this only to save face. I hope Don King does the same in return, that he can make miracles happen. I say this to both these men: Let’s Get It On. Fight like warriors and brave men,” commented Pacquiao.

“I am the champion, I have the belts and I should not be the one challenging you. I should not even be the one trying to make this fight happen. But Pacquiao vs. Mayweather is what everyone wants… that’s why I am calling out your names [King and Mayweather]. My promoter Bob Arum will be waiting for your call and will be very happy to hear what you have to say. The sooner, the better…”

“This is the only way for Mayweather to save face. Make the fight happen in November and stop using Mr. Don King for publicity stunts. He claims he is the best. He says he is No. 1. There is only one way to prove his greatness and that is to face me. I should be ready by November,” Pacquiao said

^Before Margarito was signed, when he was still trying to get licensed, and Floyd was posing for twitter pics with Don King.

Floyd didn't say a word until the day after Pacquiao-Margarito was signed and then he let U-Stream have it

Comment

he needs to say i will take completely random testing and 45% of purse.then we have a fight.if we dont after that then floyd doesnt want it.simple.

Comment

Originally posted by shodown19 View Post
                    If there's going to be any serious steps taken in making Mayweather/Pacquiao next year, Manny is going to need to grow him a pair and actually state himself that he will fight and beat Floyd. He's said it in the past before but it was only because he was pressed for an answer. He still stood behind his "talk to my promoter" stanza he usually says.

After the criticism that Pac and the overall sport of boxing has received for him choosing Mosley as his next opponent, Manny Pacquiao has the complete control to call out Mayweather and back him into a corner. It all depends on wheather or not Bob Arum is ready to feed him to Mayweather in fear of Pacquiao taking a loss. This reason alone is why Pac won't face Marquez, Berto, Martinez. Too risky, not enough money.

Pacquiao doesn't have many more Top Rank options left after this fight, so hopefully Bob Arum convinces Pac to make a bold statement about the Mayweather fight and the OSDT after he destroys Mosley. This will rile fans up. When Mosley climbed in the ring to challenge Mayweather after he defeated JMM, I thought it was good for the sport.

I hope Pacquiao realizes he has that control at this point.

Comment

Working...
                    X