No announcement yet.

UFC Record switching

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leakbeak View Post
    How come it is always the nerds, geeks and chubby lads at school that are into MMA whereas the boxers tend to be the hard men around the 'hood? It is the same when I watch MMA, you get the bums like Anderson Silva who were not good enough or hard enough for the bigtime of boxing. Martial arts are less skilled and athletic. Silva is their p4p4p king but he hgas been KO'd by a brazilian clubfighter in 2 minutes. EVen worse a brazilian clubfighter, who would probably last 30 seconds with an American or European champion. A boxer of world class ability would KO most of MMA's best.
    How come your post reminds me of one made by an annoying loudmouth Tapout wearing MMA fanboy?

How do you figure some of those same hard men around the "hood" don't watch MMA too?

Hell, have you ever been to places like Japan, those who are into MMA over there actually have legit martial art backgrounds like kickboxing, boxing, catch wrestling and therefore hardmen in their own right. Same thing is true in Brazil and places like Russia, Holland and recently China.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
      Brock's pro debut was for another organization (you probably know this already)

similarly Liddell's PRIDE loss to Rampage isn't listed on UFC.com either. nor ar Couture's losses outside the UFC.

I dunno where the UFC gets their info from either .. but on the show after seeing McSweeney's record as 3-3 ... then 12-4 on UFC.com

im under the impression the win adding is done for no other reason then to inflate the fighter, and make him appear much better.

as 3-3 or 3-4 doesn't appear as menacing as 12-4.
      Does this only happen in the UFC or did other MMA promotions do the same tactic?

Comment

no idea what to say about it

Comment

yea machida was 14-0. beats rashad. is 15-0 and now they are advertising his upcoming fight saying he is 16-0

Comment

Working...
          X