Collapse
No announcement yet.

andre ward: "....his defense is better than Chavez Sr...."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you really argue with Andre Ward? I think he knows a little something about boxing being a gold medalist, current 168lb kingpin, and top p4p rated fighter and all.

Comment

How can you say he doesn't have defence when more than 75% of Rosado punches were dodged or blocked?

Furthermore I think Gennady realised Rosado can't hurt him so he didn't bother to much to defend. He was chasing Rosado all night - punishing him constantly.

He wouldn't fight the same way against Martinez.

But I no saying his defence is THAT good.

Comment

Who am I to argue with the SOG?

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          Andre Ward is an olympic gold medal winner, a unified champion at 168lb, a fine commentator and he could never tell a lie.
          lol your like half in love with him aint you..

Comment

Originally posted by YOU WILL LOSE View Post
            im surprised he didnt do his commentary from oakland via satellite
            I seriously lost it after reading your post lol.

Comment

GGG did stay calm cutting off the ring and getting hit very few times cleanly. Ward was praising the subtle things that GGG does. After Ward said that, Rosado started landed some on GGG. After the Garcia-salido fight, Ward said that GGG has some things to work on defensively. Either a contradiction or he isn't familiar with Chavez sr. Defense, who did many subtle things defensively with better head movement.

Besides that comment, and just that one comment, I agree with Andre Ward's breakdown of everything else, intelligent breakdowns of all the fights. Somebody point out anything else he said that you don't agree with, I believe that he was right about everything else, unless someone points out something I missed.

Comment

Working...
              X