No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Guerrero Captures WBC Gold, Decisions Aydin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    That was a tough fight for Guerrero, I had him winning 7-5, Aydin was really landing a lot of big shots flush on Guerrero. It was a result of the clash of style more than anything else. Aydin is like a mini Abraham, he stalks you with a high guard and tries to land few big punches. Guerrero is not a classic boxer, he lacks an authoritative jab and doesn't keep his opponents at bay, he likes to do work on the inside that's why he got touched up like that.

Rough night for him but he pulled it out. Floyd ain't gonna fight him (good cause stylewise the fight would suck) so he should target Malignaggi or the Alexander/Bailey winner. He can beat all 3 IMO.
    I mostly agree but I think Guerrero has lost a bit moving up. I'll give him another fight to acclimate himself...

Based on last night's performance though I agree those fights would be good to see made, I'd give Paulie a chance to outbox Guerrero, I think his hand speed might be telling in that fight....

Bailey, as long as he doesn't get caught I think Robert decisions easily, and most likely the same for Alexander...

That said, I could also see him losing any fight going forward against a top 5 WW.

Comment

• Originally posted by eddycolon21
      I liked your response. However, I find things a little to vague at points. When you say he's captured 3 division titles, I know that, but who in fact did he beat for those belts. The only person that you listed up there thats is at least a rated C fighter is Casamayor. Don't get me wrong, Casamayor is awesome, but he was way past his prime. Katsidis and Litzau hasn't done any good for a long time. Aydin is a one sided fighter and really doesn't have much talent except for he is a natural welterweight. Escobedo, you mean the guy that got the crap kicked out of him last week? Im not saying Guerrero is a bad fighter. Sure he has heart. Against some dude he was favored to win anyways. It was clear to see that all you had to do is out work a guy like Aydin cuz he only had ONE fighting style. But if he goes against a guy like Garcia that has decent boxing skills and a very good punch to it, he's getting his head ripped off. But of course Golden Boy isn't gonna do that. They're not gonna match him up with Maidana, Matthysee, Broner, Berto, Thomas Dulorme, Keith Thurman, and Garcia (I pray that they do) because they know he will lose. They're gonna match him up with guys like Katsidis and Litzau and people unheard of like Aydin cuz they know he will win and they know he will have heart with them. Many other people have jumped weight classes too, he's not the first. And yes, he did just come off a lay off, and that factors a lot. However I saw the same dude in the Casamayor fight. If you get dropped by an old Casamayor, You're not an elite fighter. PERIOD. Sorry, but that is a fact. Like I said, he's not a bad fighter. Im saying he's not an elite fighter. And the 3 division stuff doesn't mean anything if you've been cherry picked and spoon fed everybody. I say he should fight Salido again so he can get a reality check and try to clean up the smaller division before he gets to the welterweight division. Last night all I saw was a clincher with pillow like hands.
      "If you get dropped by an old Casamayor, you're not elite. PERIOD." Really now? Casamayor is one of the best counter punchers that's ever graced this sport, my friend. Whether he was faded or not, he's still a dangerous fighter. Casamayor had a reputation of dropping guys at the most unexpected times due to his good timing, and counter punching skills. Other then that flash knockdown, Guerrero dominated Casamayor all night with very little struggle. So, really, that's your opinion, not fact as YOU say, and most would completely disagree with that opinion. I could understand if Guerrero badly struggled with him, and it was a close fight, but that wasn't the case, Guerrero dominated the entire fight.

As for Escobedo, Klassen, Litzau and Katsidis, those are very solid top 10 fighters. Klassen was a two time champion, was a very tough, solid hard punching fighter and is highly underrated. Escobedo has only lost to very good fighters, and has beaten some solid guys himself, he gave Katsidis a very tough fight as well. And, yes you're right Broner did dominate him, which I predicted, but if you haven't noticed, but Broner is becoming one of the very best fighters in the sport, he's got tremendous technical boxing skills, good defense, very fast hands, and he hits like a brick s.hit house. As I said, Escobedo has only ever lost to quality fighters.

Now, Katsidis, the same thing goes, he has only lost to top quality opposition up until his last fight with Mensah. Katsidis had an all out war with JMM, and dropped him hard as well. Yes, he lost, but he made it a very tough fight for JMM. Guerrero dominated Kats, who I'm a big fan of, but Guerrero won virtually every round. Litzau, is a very solid fighter as well, he has wins over Caballero and Juarez, and has only lost to very good fighters. My whole point is here, the guys Guerrero has beaten are very solid, good fighters who only lost to the best.

I get the feeling from how you refer to Guerrero that you haven't seen him fight up until last night. Tell you what go watch his fights with Litzau, Katsidis, Escobedo, Klassen and tell me he isn't exciting, or he doesn't have power. Guerrero is a very hard puncher, but he was coming up two weight classes after a 15 month layoff. You're not going to be punching as hard two divisions above what you're accustomed to, that's just flat out common sense. Don't get it twisted though, he was snapping Aydin's head back several times last night, he didn't get the KO, but he was backing Aydin up with some of those combinations. He looked nowhere near as sharp, or as good as he normally did at lightweight, super featherweight and featherweight, yet he still won convincingly.

Like I said, go watch those fights I just mentioned above, and you will see how Guerrero normally looks. Also, you make it seem as though that Guerrero is really hyped up or something, when he actually is probably one of the least talked about guys in the sport when compared to other big name fighters.

Comment

• WHO Did He Beat? Clay Akin??? An Undefeated No-Name!

I don't care he was undefeated. I don't care he had one of a jillion alphabet titles. He was aggressive and came after Guerrero because Guerrero was a smaller guy. Big Deal. It's not like Guerrero man handled Maidana, whom he's avoided rescheduling his cancelled fight with. It's not like he drummed Marquez. He fought a nobody, now thinks he's in line for a career-type payday with Mayweather, and he'll probably get it...because he is little risk to a Mayweather. Guerrero is no big threat to anybody moving forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by olly1990 View Post
          but he wont of worried anyone in the ww division malignaggi easily beats guerrero and he wont be getting a floyd fight anytime soon.
          Your smoking crack if you think Paulie can beat Guerrero. Dude cant crack an egg.

Comment

• Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
            guerrero sucks @ss like ive been telling people...he struggled vs a dumb fighter...and when he got hit behind the ear, i think he thought about quitting for a second there...he sucks @ss...so was the ref
            He moved up two weight classes you dumb azz. No other lightweight can do that. STOP HATING you clown

Comment

• Someone mentioned him not rescheduling Maidana. Who in the hell would fight Maidana when they can become the #1 mandatory for Floyd??????? That would be like passing up a gourmet steak for a greasy burger!

Comment

Working...
              X