Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime De La Hoya and Trinidad in today's WW division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oscar loses badly to both at 140 I think, at 147 it gets more competitive and he'd give them both tough close fights. Oscar did have issues with a past his prime Sweet Pea so imagine against Floyd at 147?

I think Mayweather easily beats Tito, the guy looked lost against guys with defense (Hopkins, Winky, and Oscar to an extent) probably 9-3 rounds in favor of Floyd. Tito against Manny is a harder fight to envision. Manny could use his footwork and dart in and out to get a UD, of course Tito had incredible power and could walk you down at any moment.

People will want to overrate the older fighters and underrate the newer ones, but if you really analyze the fights their more competitive than people think and the Pacquiao and Floyd should probably be favored.

Comment

Good thread here....

This is a good thread question. I believe both Oscar and Tito would have dominated this era. They are of a different breed. I've read every post so far and I see that a lot of people have respect for both Manny and Mayweather. I do too. A prime Oscar beats both Manny and May. As a matter of fact, he K.O.'s Manny and outpoints Mayweather. If a 36 year old Oscar could fight flat-footed for 12 rounds and still manage to make it a close fight through 8 against Mayweather, then a prime Oscar who could dance on his toes and had great reflexes, would have won convincingly on the cards. Manny would have been a 3 or 4 round fight. He would have gotten stretched! As for Tito, there are few fighters in the history of the sport who had the type of 1 punch K.O. power he had in both fists. He had everything you wanted in a champion. Great stamina, quick hands, pressure, power, good chin, and violent nature. With that said, he would have K.O.'ed Manny and quick! As for Mayweather, he simply beats him up! Tito had a punchers mentality and he didn't care about how cute your defense was, or how fast you were; he was going to hit you regardless. So for those of you saying Mayweather would outpoint him are going too far. Tito's work-rate, pressure, quickness, relentlessness, and confident fighting nature would be too much for him. He never saw anything like a prime Oscar, let alone Tito. There is also a chance that neither Manny nor Mayweather would have stepped in the ring with these BEASTS.

Comment

Floyd wouldnt dare get into the ring with Tito.

Although Floyd beat a bit of a shot version of oscar @ 154 is also have to take into account that 154 is not a weight that i think suits floyd so i see that one going tothe cards.. I think Oscar might sneak it on points... 60/40 to Oscar.

Tito would knock Manny out... I have no doubts about that.. He lunges forward with the straight left and it would be good night vienna when he got caught..

Manny vs Oscar? I think a prime Oscar hurts manny earlier but with Mannys speed he survives and is on the back foot but probably loses a decision.. Oscar had the fundementals and speed to be all wrong for Manny

Comment

I think Trinidad is sometimes a bit under estimated in that he lost against Hopkins at MW and quit boxing for a while. Tito was a WW fighter 147-154, not a mw. HOPKINS was a god damn ****ing mongrol LHW fighter that somehow managed to compress his LHW body into a 154 body and basically out muscled Oscar and Trinidad. It's really not fair at all and I dont count either victories in Hopkins legacy.
          In terms of marketability, I think people forgot during the late 90's and early 2000's there were actually other big boxing stars. Tyson, Lewis, Holyfield,Sugar Shane, ROY JONES JR,Oscar etc they were all still active and popular, so Trinidad only had a slice of the overall pie. If Trinidad was in his prime now, he would have had like HALF the boxing audience if not more since he is far more marketable then Pac or Mayweather. Come on 6 foot purto Rican Kid with a good smile and KO tyson like style vs a small ****y arrogant loudmouth criminal african american with the most boring style in boxing history name 'money' and a small Philipino with shaggy hair.....

Comment

Good post.....

Good post man. Outside of the racial slurs I agree with everything you said. BUT Tito was a pay-per-view star. Mosley was never a pay-per-view star. People just love his humbleness and willingness to fight anyone. You get GREEN too.
            Last edited by GOD-FR33; 03-01-2012, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Floyd puts on a clinic against tito..But he beats oscar By LEGIT split decision in oscars prime.

Comment

I would pick Floyd to beat both.

But here's an even better question (actually, it probably isn't but just indulge me)

Does anyone think Floyd would ever get in the prime with a prime Tito?

Comment

Floyd could beat both, but while I know he would fight the cash cow that was a prime Oscar he would likely stay away from Tito. Manny I wouldn't expect to fight either, unless again prime Oscar offered a Mercedes stuffed with millions in unmarked bills or something.

Comment

Working...
                  X