No announcement yet.

Carlos Molina: "My Dream Fight Is Against Miguel Cotto"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlos Molina: "My Dream Fight Is Against Miguel Cotto"

If not Alvarez, Molina said that his dream fight would be against Puerto Rican star Miguel Cotto, who is coming off a unanimous decision loss Floyd Mayweather Jr. in May.

Cotto, however, is also being considered for a return to New York's Madison Square Garden on Dec. 1, if not a November rematch with Manny Pacquiao.

"I would have to say that, you know what? I would like to have that fight with Miguel Cotto on Dec. 1 in New York when he's coming back. If I had to choose one, that would be my favorite, dream fight right there. I mean, it's Miguel Cotto," said Molina.

"Not only has Miguel Cotto been around for a while, but he just went 12 rounds with Mayweather, and you've got that Puerto Rican-Mexican rivalry right there. It would be just a fight that I would love to have. I don't know what's next. We'll see what happens. Hopefully, though, I'll get a big fight."
    http://******.craveonline.com/blog/1...-alvarez-cotto
    Last edited by AnimalisticMeth; 08-19-2012, 11:41 AM.

I think Molina needs a big win on a big stage against another top 10 154 pounder to even get considered by Cotto's team.

Comment

I have a lot of respect for Molina and want him to get a payday but he's just such a spoiler I don't really want him for Cotto's next opponent. Although Cotto would probably find a way to make it an exciting fight.

Comment

Yeah I'm not interested, I don't think I'm even interested in even seeing this guy fight, quality fighter to some extent but defensively, his defense consists of stopping the action through illegal means, straight up spoiling.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
          I think Molina needs a big win on a big stage against another top 10 154 pounder to even get considered by Cotto's team.
          Still though.... Miguel is a PPV/primetime fighter. I don't think anybody would want to watch him fight Molina if big money is involved. I mean, if it happens good for Molina.... i just don't think it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
            I have a lot of respect for Molina and want him to get a payday but he's just such a spoiler I don't really want him for Cotto's next opponent. Although Cotto would probably find a way to make it an exciting fight.
            Molina is actually not a boring fighter. Sure he didn't make the Kirkland fight too exciting but it happens. It'll be a nice clash of styles but he gets more out of fighting K9 who may be ranked lower in the top 10 but has a belt.

Comment

molina is a joke, a dirty and boring fighter. Hope he never gets a big fight like this cause myself along with almost everyone else have no intrest in seeing a clinch fest on primetime hbo or showtime yet alone ppv

Comment

The only bad fight I've seen Molina in is the Kirkland fight. You have to smother James & tie him up constantly if we're being honest. I mean how would a jr middleweight with average power at best try & bang out probably the hardest punching jr middle?? I think the Cotto fight is totally doable.

Comment

it is a lot of Divas in the 154 Division like K9 and Canelo, so chances of Molina getting a shot at one of the Top Fighters at 154 is very slim...and that is just unfortunate because Molina to me is a excellent fighter, can Box and Brawl a little...the clinching against Kirkland was the right strategy regardless if people liked it or not

Ali did it against Stronger/Powerful Fighter...iI call it "TAMING THE BULL", you disrupt his Power and get him tired then you pick him apart when he is tired and he starts to leave his guard down and that is what Molina did against Kirkland as well as Abril did with Rios

Don't get mad at them, blame those HYPE JOBS who are so one-dimensional that they don't know what to do when their opponent clinches them

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                    Molina is actually not a boring fighter. Sure he didn't make the Kirkland fight too exciting but it happens. It'll be a nice clash of styles but he gets more out of fighting K9 who may be ranked lower in the top 10 but has a belt.
                    Yea he's not as boring he showed against Kirkland, he had to hold a lot against that type of pressure. But he's not an exciting fighter by any means. He's a spoiler, it's what he is.

I hate the K9 fight too. Just does nothing for me. I mean people can say what they will about the weight, but I'd rather see Bradley vs. Cotto at 154 than either one of these fights. It's just a more quality fight, K9 is garbage and is a waste of a fight belt or not. Molina just does nothing for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X