No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Breaks Hand, Tears Knee Ligaments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Breaks Hand, Tears Knee Ligaments

Sergio Martinez received medical attention for a variety of injuries Saturday night shortly after his middleweight title victory over Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., according to his adviser Sampson Lewkowicz.

The reigning champion incurred a broken left hand, eight stitches over his left eye, two staples in his head, and torn ligaments in his right knee that will likely require surgery.

[Click Here To Read More]

OK, you know those straws that Chavez nuthuggers were holding on to?? About the last round? Well if you weren't wrong before, you're certainly wrong now. Chavez only got to him once his knee ligaments were torn and he had a broken left hand.

Two different classes of fighter were in the ring last night and one of them nearly got lucky in the end, that's all that happened.

Comment

Originally posted by fvanesbeck View Post
      OK, you know those straws that Chavez nuthuggers were holding on to?? About the last round? Well if you weren't wrong before, you're certainly wrong now. Chavez only got to him once his knee ligaments were torn and he had a broken left hand.

Two different classes of fighter were in the ring last night and one of them nearly got lucky in the end, that's all that happened.
      Don't make excuses now...

Maravilla is a warrior.

Comment

That's got to be disheartening to Chavez Jr. to have lost to an injured Martinez.

Sucks for Sergio has this fight has given him even MORE upside and visibility. The knockdown and his bravado proving just enough to make the public more interested in his next fight.

I pray he recovers well and can get another big fight or two in the bank before calling it quits on a late career that rallied late.

Comment

Damn. That will keep Martinez out of the ring for a while.

Comment

i know a lot of people were going on about Chavez Jr showing tremendous heart in the 12th round, but Martinez for me showed even more heart and courage in the 12th round. Martinez had a broken hand and torn ligaments, got knocked down, got back up and was actually fighting back! he wasn't looking to hold or survive in the last round, he was fighting until the final bell. He showed tremendous courage and I would have really felt bad for Martinez if he got knocked out yesterday in the last round as he put on a very good performance for 11 and a half rounds

Comment

I wonder what ligaments... Id like to know the exact knee injury, that could be bad... Cant even start training for a long time if its a bad acl.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingblogger View Post
                i know a lot of people were going on about Chavez Jr showing tremendous heart in the 12th round, but Martinez for me showed even more heart and courage in the 12th round. Martinez had a broken hand and torn ligaments, got knocked down, got back up and was actually fighting back! he wasn't looking to hold or survive in the last round, he was fighting until the final bell. He showed tremendous courage and I would have really felt bad for Martinez if he got knocked out yesterday in the last round as he put on a very good performance for 11 and a half rounds
                Chavez isnt in the same class as Martinez but hey he has NOTHING to be ashamed about he was a warrior last night ... a lesser man would of looked for a way out he didnt he kept trying to win and that last round "man" both guys were superb no need for a rematch though !!!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  Sergio Martinez received medical attention for a variety of injuries Saturday night shortly after his middleweight title victory over Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., according to his adviser Sampson Lewkowicz.

The reigning champion incurred a broken left hand, eight stitches over his left eye, two staples in his head, and torn ligaments in his right knee that will likely require surgery.

[Click Here To Read More]
                  Two staples in his head because that headbutt that could make him blind,headbutts aren't a joke...MARTINEZ DIDN'T RUN BUT FOUGHT WITH HIS KNEE IN THAT CONDITION,WOW THIS MAKES HIM MORE AND MORE A BOXER WITH BALLS AND HEART LIKE FEW IN THIS MOMENT OF BOXING!!!Anyway the fight was so one sided that was ridicolous because CHAVEZ JR. didn't come in the ring since round 11,not good for a world champion;i still believe CHAVEZ JR. made that lucky round in the 12 because SERGIO took that tremendous headbutt in the 11.

Comment

I'm not a Chavez Jr. fan but how do you know when the ligaments were torn? It could be right after the KD late in the 12th round.

If it had been in early in the fight, I don't think Martinez would be able to be so mobile. Some of you sound like it happened early in the fight. I don't believe that. I think it was from the KD.

Chavez got to him numerous times. He just didn't do anything about it. He got off way to late to do anything. Waiting for Martinez to be out of breath was his only chance in the end - and he almost succeeded.

Martinez pulled a great performance but Chavez is not a "bum" as many on BS portrait him as. He's not fast, he doesn't win fights because of his athletism. He wins because he is big, strong, powerful and has a lot of heart. He's a former champion and a strong contender. Andy Lee is a contender. Martinez is a champion.

Chavez Jr. can still be top 3 in the division. There's no one out there with Martinez' style. Chavez can run through most of them just because of size and power alone. He'll be back, unless Martinez has affected his mental state.

Who should Sergio fight next? Golovkin? Quillin?

Comment

Working...
                    X