No announcement yet.

Idea for for new forum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for for new forum

Can we have a new forum to discuss modern day boxing, where you can access only if you have like 500 (number to be fine tuned) in Boxing History?

Discussing today's boxing is impossible in NSB for well known reasons, and should not be taken here because of this, but then there is no outlet left.

I think it would be a good thing. What do you guys think?
    Yes, it is a good idea.
    72.00%
    No, I could not care less about today's boxing.
    0.00%
    No, I am happy with NSB, *****s and *******s
    8.00%
    No, I am happy with the occasional non malicious abuse of Boxing History
    20.00%

Not sure if the board even has the options to implement such a thing. The only way we could do this is if the thread needed authorisation to get in which I'm not sure is possible.

I always liked the idea of a History Section Lounge thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
      Not sure if the board even has the options to implement such a thing. The only way we could do this is if the thread needed authorisation to get in which I'm not sure is possible.

If I am not mistalen, it used to be that you needed a minimum of posts to access Video Trading Block, and some Forums used to be invitation only.

So I think it is possible. Let's see.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post

vote vote vote!

Comment

I like this idea.

Can't discuss Floyd or Hopkins in NSB without the detractors derailing the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
            If I am not mistalen, it used to be that you needed a minimum of posts to access Video Trading Block, and some Forums used to be invitation only.

So I think it is possible. Let's see.
            There was the VIP section which you needed to be voted into, but its been pretty dead for years, I think. Even the three guys who judged who got in aren't around any more, and there are some sub-forums (Team Russia and Classic) which require passwords to get into.

The idea is pretty cool, but the way you described it would be very hard to put in place. Also, it's very, very unlikely to happen though

Comment

The problem has been discussed before. Last time we made the 'history today'-thread so the history posters could discuss current events.

I think that idea didn't work out too well. At least I never go there.

Then there's the social group, but that format isn't very good for discussions IMO.

I don't think a subforum ala Team Russia or Team Classic is possible.

Maybe JAB should create a thread in here whenever there is a signifikant fight so it can be discussed among the history section user. Or better make an alt and have that account make the threads. That would have the advantage of being able to put unwanted posters on ignore.

Comment

It's:

No, I could care less about today's boxing.

like what does it mean to you if i said "I couldnt rate jack johnson any lower then i do"?

does it mean that i rate jack johnson at the bottom of the barrel? No. it means that he deserves to be where i rate him and if anything id rate him higher.

now what does it mean to you if i said " I could rate Jack Johnson Lower then i do"?

dose it mean that i rate jack johnson at the top of the ladder and the only place to go is down? No. it means i rate him where i rate him but a good argument could easily sway me to rate him lower.

get it?

cause personally I couldnt care less as this is an important topic that i rather enjoy.

Comment

I noticed since I joined that some posters come in here discussing active fighters. It happens at all the boxing forums. Can't those threads just be moved to the main boxing section.

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
                    There was the VIP section which you needed to be voted into, but its been pretty dead for years, I think. Even the three guys who judged who got in aren't around any more, and there are some sub-forums (Team Russia and Classic) which require passwords to get into.

The idea is pretty cool, but the way you described it would be very hard to put in place. Also, it's very, very unlikely to happen though
                    hmmm... I don't think it is impossible to implement codewise. Do you see some resistance from that powers that be?

Comment

Working...
                    X