No announcement yet.

Why does boxing work THIS way?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive wondered this too.

36 year old Calzaghe gets stick for fighting Hopkins and Jones.

But 26 year old Dawson fights two 40 year olds back to back and nothing gets said.

I see nothing wrong with either but its amazing to see some people's hypocrisy

Comment

Originally posted by dirk Diggler Uk View Post
      ive Wondered This Too.

36 Year Old Calzaghe Gets Stick For Fighting Hopkins And Jones.

But 26 Year Old Dawson Fights Two 40 Year Olds Back To Back And Nothing Gets Said.

I See Nothing Wrong With Either But Its Amazing To See Some People's Hypocrisy
      No Its Because Joe Talks About Legacy And Its Complete Bull****..johnson Was His Mandotory And He Fought Tarver For His Belts

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
        Dawson would look bad, but he'd win the same way Jermain Taylor did, which is still better than what Calzaghe did..I still can't get over how he won that fight..I've watched it at least 20 times.
        I had glenn johnson beating dawson, but maybe glenn either has a worse style for chad or that chad will greatly improve before or if he fights Hopkins... Or glenn johnson might have more left in the tank then hopkins?

Comment

Originally posted by MacChamp View Post
          I had glenn johnson beating dawson, but maybe glenn either has a worse style for chad or that chad will greatly improve before or if he fights Hopkins... Or glenn johnson might have more left in the tank then hopkins?
          Not sure too many people will admit it but I suspect Bernard Hopkins would struggle pretty badly against Chad Dawson.

Comment

Originally posted by imdazed View Post
            not Sure Too Many People Will Admit It But I Suspect Bernard Hopkins Would Struggle Pretty Badly Against Chad Dawson.
            Co-sign..dawson Is To Young Too Fast And Too Powerful For B-hop..and Hopkins Said Before The Calzaghe Fight He'd Never Fight Chad

Comment

Originally posted by natas206 View Post
              I'm guessing it had something to do with this:

What is that Calzaghe is doing a 1-2 Hook? Amazing

Comment

Originally posted by d.i.e.s.e.l View Post
                what Is That Calzaghe Is Doing A 1-2 Hook? Amazing

Naw Thats The Windmill

Comment

Originally posted by larryx View Post
                  No Its Because Joe Talks About Legacy And Its Complete Bull****..johnson Was His Mandotory And He Fought Tarver For His Belts
                  And Hopkins was officially the Linear Champ at 175 in Joes first fight at the weight......

Comment

Originally posted by dirk Diggler Uk View Post
                    and Hopkins Was Officially The Linear Champ At 175 In Joes First Fight At The Weight......
                    Linear??? Ok Dirk Joe And Hopkins Have Nor Had Any Belts Other Than The Ring Magazine Belt..maybe Jet Should Make A Belt To..the Jet Magazine Belt!!! Sounds Good

Comment

Originally posted by larryx View Post
                      Linear??? Ok Dirk Joe And Hopkins Have Nor Had Any Belts Other Than The Ring Magazine Belt..maybe Jet Should Make A Belt To..the Jet Magazine Belt!!! Sounds Good
                      Are you stupid or something? Hopkins beat the universally recognised Champ at 175 in Tarver. So he was the Man at the weight regardless of ANY belt.

Comment

Working...
                      X