No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr: In 2012 I Want Cotto and Sergio Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr: In 2012 I Want Cotto and Sergio Martinez

It may be hard to fathom but Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. is now a champion following his gritty victory over Sebastian Zbik earlier this month in Los Angeles at the Staples Center. Recently in Mexico City the 25-year old from Sinaloa officially received his WBC belt from WBC president Jose Sulaiman and spoke about the importance of his new crown.

[Click Here To Read More]

so wait, he's fighting manfredo and rubio this year? lyell, zbik, manfredo, and rubio, that's staying active and making your way up, props. but he needs to work on defense and fighting on the outside if he ever wants to see martinez. rubio is a good fighter, i would actually be a bit surprised if chavez can beat him.

Comment

Props for Jr. Those fighters in the order should prepare him very well for each fight, which would lead to the real showdown with Martinez.

Comment

Chavez Jr. might be able to beat Cotto with size, pressure, and workrate, but right now he just looks average at everything he does. Nothing really stands out (his body attack maybe )

Comment

He should fight Canelo if he gets past Manfredo because all I see is Rubio, Cotto, and Martinez using his face as target practice. If he's going to lose his 0, it might as well be in the biggest fight possible. I'm sure GBP would make that fight for fair terms (50-50 or % points in favor of Canelo), but Top Rank is probably holding up the fight (as usual).

Comment

if JR gets passed manf n rubio he's a HOFer minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
              He should fight Canelo if he gets past Manfredo because all I see is Rubio, Cotto, and Martinez using his face as target practice. If he's going to lose his 0, it might as well be in the biggest fight possible. I'm sure GBP would make that fight for fair terms (50-50 or % points in favor of Canelo), but Top Rank is probably holding up the fight (as usual).
              From Kevin Iole's twitter:

Also @BobArum said he would make a Chavez Jr fight with @ssab12 "in a heart beat. We'd do it today." #boxing

The only issue IMO would be the weight, whether it's at 154 or 160. Chavez can't make 154 so the best case scenario for Canelo would be a catchweight, maybe 157. Either way, Chavez will weigh 180 or so in the ring, doubt Canelo gets anywhere near that.

Comment

good for him

Comment

Also, Manfredo and Rubio this year>>>>>>>>>>>>Darren ****ing Barker, as sad as that is.

Sergio should be ashamed of himself

Comment

as always, JR s takin on tougher opponents than STEROIDGIO MARAVAGINA MARTINEZ.

Barker? lame.

Comment

Working...
                    X