Collapse
No announcement yet.

headaches after sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hands up mate, also, you might have to do shoulder and neck exercises to strengthen that area, also consult your doctor. Then again, we all know what a doctor will say " QUIT!". So dont take their advice to literally. Chewing gum strengthens jaw muscles and your head aswell.

Comment

take a long break from sparring mate.. maybe you have early symptoms of brain damage or haemoraghe.. go see a doctor

Comment

I've read everyones advice and you should look into all of it. But something I wanna know is how's your breathing. Are you exhaling during punches or are you holding your breath and tightening up. If you're not breathing you will give yourself headaches. Especially when under alot of pressure like boxing.

Comment

Ive started sparring and i guess the gent i sparred against went light on me it seems sparring is just practical instead of throwing power punches???

Comment

Personally, i dont really get headaches as such, im just a bit slow an spaced out after taking a few big shots, i tend to recover within 5 or 10 minutes so im not too worried by that.

If i was getting consistent headaches after even small blows i might consider not sparring, its not worth risking ur day job over unless u love it that much, so its really ur decision.

Comment

I've had a few sparring sessions and I got headaches during/soon after all of them. I get a headache quite often even when I just workout. I think it's to do with my breathing and the fact that the gym can be so warm and stuffy, rather than any real medical issues.

Comment

i never, ever, get headaches..ever.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy
                  Don't go all out in your sparring sessions and tell your sparring partner to do the same. Sparring should be practicing accuracy not power! Problem is some don't think like that. I remember once I was sparring with this kid who thought he was tyson and we ended up trading bombs before our trainer broke us up! Best advice is to find a sparring partner who won't hit his/her hardest.

I had a similar thing happen. I was going at like 70% strength but I was hitting this kid clean. Then his boys tell him to hit me back. By the end we are both bombing each other. What percent of power should a person use. And is it bad etiquette to just keep punching a guy if he doesn't fight back well? The guy wants to spar again but he is a load up on one punch type boxer whereas I am trying to throw combos and heavy body work.

Comment

drink water and run alot. sometimes the headaches are because you are so exhausted

Comment

Well if non of this stuff ppl has helped you maybe tht big punch gave u a slight concusion and everytime u spar ever if u get hit light it makes it worse. see a doctor.

Comment

Working...
                      X