who feels let down by joe??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who feels let down by joe??

i ****ing do.

he fought an awful fight tonight, and only just squeezed out a win in my opinion. hopkins neutralized him BIG TIME throughout the majority of the fight.

I REALLY wanted Joe to put on a stellar performance, but he didn't. Fair enough in some peoples eyes a win is a win, but not in mine.

He was lucky to get that victory, he didn't silence any critics, and is more than likely going to fight RJJ next, who has no business even being in the ring anymore.

Even in victory it appears Joe has lost in terms of the educated british boxing fans opinion.

he had a bad night. He still clearly won the fight, your just looking at it negatively...

Comment

i was not impressed by him

Comment

hopkins style makes you look ugly

Comment

hopkins fought a very good fight! i underestimated him. the big right at the start certainly made calzaghe a little nervous for the next few rounds. still calzaghe one that fight, im suprirsed it as a split decision.

Comment

Hopkins had a good fight,i though Calzaghe was a bit too weiry the first few rounds he was just standing in front of him and not throwing much that's why hopkins was getting some right hands and things need a tap more movment,but as the fight went on he was edging rounds,hopkins in the end seem to be gassing out a little age showed then but on another day the fight could of gone hopkins way was a hard one to score

Comment

Originally posted by ashthadon View Post
              Hopkins had a good fight,i though Calzaghe was a bit too weiry the first few rounds he was just standing in front of him and not throwing much that's why hopkins was getting some right hands and things need a tap more movment,but as the fight went on he was edging rounds,hopkins in the end seem to be gassing out a little age showed then but on another day the fight could of gone hopkins way was a hard one to score
              indeed hopkins was ALOT better than expected!

Comment

anywhere other than vegas and this would have gone to hopkins i think. If the same fight and result had happened in london yanks would be screaming robbery i think (and they'd be right). Its just the whole 'score on aggression and ignore whos actually landing' thing that judges do in vegas.

Comment

Any win over Hopkins is a good win.

Comment

This wasn't bad calzaghe, it was bad hopkins, and hopkins still won.

Comment

Working...
                    X