Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Chavez Jr. Retains The WBC Title, Stops Manfredo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Chavez Jr. Retains The WBC Title, Stops Manfredo

Reliant Arena, Houston, Texas - WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (44-0-1, 31KOs) stopped Peter Manfredo Jr. (37-7, 20KOs) in the fifth round. In the fifth, Chavez hurt Manfredo with a wicked counter right hand and then started battering him against the ropes. Referee Laurence Cole tried to give Manfredo time to recover but Manfredo did little to defend himself and he did not punch back, which promoted the Cole to step in. Prior to the stoppage, Manfredo put forth a good effort and made it a fight. Chavez retains his title for the first time. Photos by Chris Farina/Top Rank and Rafael Soto.

[Click Here To Read More]

Great Pics!

Comment

Were is Martinez? I thought he was suppose to ask for his belt back.

Comment

Must not be overly fast of a fighter, the pictures came out much better than most fights do.

Comment

can someone tell me why chavez gets so much hate? i mean, did he not just start boxing 5-6 years ago with basically no amateur background? i get the impression that he was a spoiled little kid who would back down from school yard fights, and cry if he didn't always get his way. . . so, here he is, barely 40 some fights deep and he beats a guy like zbik who has probably been boxing for the better part of his life. . . a lot of the guys he has beat probably started boxing well before they even hit puberty. . . so why do they expect him to be fighting world class guys after being in the fight game for such a short time period?

Please correct me if im wrong, and pardon the ignorance if the aforementioned isn't true. . .

Comment

nice nice

Comment

Chavez should fight Alvarez, because Chavez would not beat Martinez and would be completely embarrassed by Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
                can someone tell me why chavez gets so much hate? i mean, did he not just start boxing 5-6 years ago with basically no amateur background? i get the impression that he was a spoiled little kid who would back down from school yard fights, and cry if he didn't always get his way. . . so, here he is, barely 40 some fights deep and he beats a guy like zbik who has probably been boxing for the better part of his life. . . a lot of the guys he has beat probably started boxing well before they even hit puberty. . . so why do they expect him to be fighting world class guys after being in the fight game for such a short time period?

Please correct me if im wrong, and pardon the ignorance if the aforementioned isn't true. . .

Well for starters, Chavez Jr got caught with that **** in him (steroids) in the past. Not only that, but I question him even up til now due to his association with Ariza.

Comment

I give him hate because of the BS that Top Rank and HBO pulled to get him his belt. If he is not ready to fight the best why is he considered a champion?? This is what is wrong with boxing. How can a guy be a champ and still not be ready for other people in their division? Being the champ use to mean that you are the best.

Comment

Because he was almost gifted a world title belt by the WBC and now a lot of guys say that he isn't ready for world class boxers ... A WORLD CHAMPION SHOULD BE READY TO FIGHT ANYONE

Comment

Working...
                    X