No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Froch Believes He Can Easily Fight Until 39, 40

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carl Froch Believes He Can Easily Fight Until 39, 40

Carl Froch is not worried about failing to live up to expectations in Nottingham on Saturday night, believing he has it in his armoury to produce another memorable occasion.

Froch enjoyed arguably the defining night of his career at the Capital FM Arena on May 27, destroying the previously unbeaten Lucian Bute inside five rounds to become the super-middleweight world champion for a third time.

The 35-year-old has gradually become a crowd favourite over the course of his career, and in stopping Bute to claim the IBF title he will on Saturday defend against Yusaf Mack, he stood firmly in the spotlight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I believe it, he dont seem ring torn one bit. And he hasnt really take damaging shots.

Comment

As long as he stays away from Andre he could possibly last awhile longer.
      But we now know that he can't compete with the very, very best.

Comment

Great fighter, I'm happy to hear he'll be staying in the game. I'd hate to see what that nose looks like after 5 more years of fights, but this is good news for fans.

Comment

Originally posted by StrangerInTown View Post
          Well said. Just like, judging by their first fight, Muhammad Ali would have no chance against Joe Frazier.

Comment

Great stuff.

Another 4 or 5 years of Froch warring it out would be fantastic.

Comment

Froch has the perfect mentality to be a boxer.

Being a boxer is 95% mental game

Comment

Originally posted by StrangerInTown View Post
                Ward is the only guy from 168-175 that I wouldn't pick Froch to beat. So to say he can't compete is a bit wide of the mark.

Besides the Ward fight was still competitive. Ward is just better than everyone.

Comment

Froch always comes to fight and always wants to fight the best
                  I'm not do sure his style tho is good for longevity
                  He is riding high after the Bute win but he has to be smart too

Comment

Froch has shown the benefit in turning pro late to be fair. He's had tough fights but he is superbly conditioned from his years as a world-class amateur and the daily grind that that entails.

Comment

Working...
                    X