Is DeMarco fighting Broner next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larry.X. View Post
    Don't know about "fighting" more like getting a "beating" from Broner
    Demarco is the answer to the "Problem". lengthy southpaw with good set of skills. He will be a problem for the problem.... If Ponce de leon can beat broner Demarco sure can..

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
      Demarco is the answer to the "Problem". lengthy southpaw with good set of skills. He will be a problem for the problem.... If Ponce de leon can beat broner Demarco sure can..
      very much agree with this.

PDL skills are very limited compared to Demarco's.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Is this confirmed?

Scheduled for the 17th of November according to Boxrec though they have been known to be wrong in the past.

Hope this one happens, we'll see what Broner is really made of.
        Last they posted something on here they were waiting on Broner to sign the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
          thats all good except for the fight that demarco rarely fights tall and hes no more skilled than escobedo. hes not awkward or easy to hit, hes very different from ponce. its really a very different fight. its like comparing two orthodox fighters with different styles. it makes no sense. not to mention broner has since changed his style and has gotten better. but whatever. it'll be all the more shocking when demarco looks completely outclassed.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            thats all good except for the fight that demarco rarely fights tall and hes no more skilled than escobedo. hes not awkward or easy to hit, hes very different from ponce. its really a very different fight. its like comparing two orthodox fighters with different styles. it makes no sense. not to mention broner has since changed his style and has gotten better. but whatever. it'll be all the more shocking when demarco looks completely outclassed.
            He does pack a more powerful punch then anyone Broner has faced to date, also he can take a punch and arguably took one of the hardest punchers in the sport punch and never once was down. I think broner can outbox demarco if he chooses to purely box but broner's ego will want to put him away and in that lies the danger for Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
              He does pack a more powerful punch then anyone Broner has faced to date, also he can take a punch and arguably took one of the hardest punchers in the sport punch and never once was down. I think broner can outbox demarco if he chooses to purely box but broner's ego will want to put him away and in that lies the danger for Broner.
              demarco has an ok punch. he couldnt knock out linares' suspect chin and weak defense. and ponce is much more a power puncher actually. but demarco isnt a power puncher, hes not really heavy handed. he places his shots well enough. but for every measured shot he throws against broner, hes gonna take a lot of punishment a la esobedo. the two are actually very similar in a lot of ways.

and another thing, ive seen many of broners fights and i have never seen reason to question his chin and hes been hit solid a few times. i dunno why ppl think his chin is suspect. i dunno how good it is granted, but hes never really been hurt. so its a big leap in logic to say that a guy with his level of defense etc will be ko'ed.

Comment

Okay maybe he was just as skilled as escobedo. That about it. Demarco got an iron chin so i dont see broner bully him around like he did escobedo. another fact is demarco is a southpaw which is a nightmare for shoudler rollers such as broner.. okay sure they have different styles. I see demarcos style posing more of a problem than PDL did. not to mention Demarco is like twice as intelligent in the ring as ponce de leon.... Demarco packs more punch than ponce de leon so i guess i really shouldnt compare them. Everything is pointing to a demarco win

Comment

Broner fans doing more talking than the dude himself. They're asking DeMarco to fight in a month vs Broner and did not hesitate to sign the contract. Meanwhile we're still waiting on Broner.

Comment

Funny you say that, because Broner himself is a come forward fighter. He's had success pressuring smaller fighters & walking them down. Broner is there to be hit, but when he's fighting those lil guys, they can't hurt him. I guarantee you that when DeMarco lays some leather on his a$$ he's gonna change up real quick & look ordinary.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      Funny you say that, because Broner himself is a come forward fighter. He's had success pressuring smaller fighters & walking them down. Broner is there to be hit, but when he's fighting those lil guys, they can't hurt him. I guarantee you that when DeMarco lays some leather on his a$$ he's gonna change up real quick & look ordinary.
                      broner is a come forward pressure fighter, the same way winky wright is a come forward pressure fighter. get my drift? his defense is good enough that he doesnt offer u much to hit. and we shall see, im never gonna go into a fight hoping on a punchers chance, so if thats what u guys are doing u then thats your choice. i analyze both fighters strengths and weaknesses and i come up with a appropo conclusion. broner is a very bad style matchup for demarco. just like he was a very bad style matchup for escobedo (both of whom have a very similar style). and the gap is talent is enough that if ur hoping on a punchers chance, i dont see it. but we will see. i expect a lot of disappointment tho. lol

Comment

Working...
                      X