No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Hatton To Return November 24 in Manchester

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ricky Hatton To Return November 24 in Manchester

By Jake Donovan - Former lineal super lightweight champion Ricky Hatton officially announced his return to the ring during a press conference held in his Manchester hometown Friday morning.

The news was hardly earth-shattering, as the whispers began months ago, with pieces added to the puzzle as time went on. Speculation turned to anticipation earlier in the week when Hatton’s promotional company informed the media of the upcoming press session.

"Why am I coming back? It's been well documented what's happened to me since the last time I've been in a boxing ring,” Hatton said to the media on hand, speaking in reference to his battle with depression during his time spent away from the ring. "I've started looking after myself a bit better and getting fitter and that's how it started.”

Hatton (45-2, 32KO) will officially return to the ring on November 24 in Manchester. The fight will take place exactly 4 ˝ years to the day of his last hometown showcase, a 12-round win over Juan Lazcano in May 2008. [Click Here To Read More]

Any news on the opponent?

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
      Any news on the opponent?
      It'd probably be in the article if there was...

Comment

Has said it won't be a journeyman, will be a live opponent who is ranked and he aims to be back challenging at world level. Also said he would love the chance to go at khan or brook.

Comment

as long as he doesn't go straight into the Lion's den he'l be fine. If he fights Nov then again Mar/Apr he could be in with a title shot late next year!

Comment

would love ricky to beat up on khan and / or brook. hope they make a khan fight first!

Comment

I'm hearing rumours of lovemore ndou??? just little whispers around hattons gym.. although there was apparently a phone call between hatton & jnr witter also where it got a bit heated started out as matthew v witter but moved onto ricky... - again only rumours and whispers.

Comment

My money is on Witter..... better late than never eh?

Comment

Its a difficult one for hat ton, hes gotta comeback to fight a reasonable known name and look good otherwise - its a wasted comeback...

I personally think it's going to be ndou, witter can always be the backup plan if it doesn't all go to the script.

Comment

Very excited about Hatton's comeback. I think it was smart for him to take some time off but I always thought he should've ended his career on a high note.

Good luck, Ricky!...

Comment

Working...
                    X