Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winner of Strikeforce HW Tournament vs UFC Champ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spazz View Post
    Ive learned long ago not to hype a fighter based on one good performance over a marginal opponent. Silva was ****. Betating Fedor means nothing at this point, hes as shot as Roy Jones. His barely beat Arlovski and lost against Werdum. He wal also put on queer street by a LHW. Just too damn slow and lumbering.

Although I like Cormier and think he is a fantastic wrestler. His striking is being a little bit overrated and I think his size may be a hindrance to him against much of the opposition. He also needs to lean up a bit.
    No one is overhyping him, or at least I am certainly not. It isn't a case of one good performance, it is a case of his rate of progression. He's improved markedly each fight, and the Silva fight was a huge step up in class, and he absolutely destroyed Silva.

Also, it isn't so much the point of his striking. It is the fact that he has picked up striking so quickly. Cormier is a worldclass wrestler. He is literally one of the best wrestlers to ever enter MMA. Therefore, his striking progression makes him especially dangerous, given his takedown and ground skills.

Comment

He won't fight his buddy Cain anyway.. If he goes to UFC will probably fight at lhw. This forum is full of ****in UFC haters anyway.. With Overeem in the UFC now... the UFC now contains easily the top 4 active HW

Comment

Originally posted by DR BOB View Post
        He won't fight his buddy Cain anyway.. If he goes to UFC will probably fight at lhw. This forum is full of ****in UFC haters anyway.. With Overeem in the UFC now... the UFC now contains easily the top 4 active HW
        Just shut the fuck up already. Nobody cares.

They will fight.

Top 4? Who are they? You must be including Brock Lesnar. Go stick it up your ass, where such shit belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
          Just shut the fuck up already. Nobody cares.

They will fight.

Top 4? Who are they? You must be including Brock Lesnar. Go stick it up your ass, where such shit belongs.
          **** you you stupid little ***git...

The top 3 is clearly Cain, JDS, Reem and then you could put any of Brock, Mir, Carwin after Werdum

Comment

Originally posted by DR BOB View Post
            **** you you stupid little ***git...

The top 3 is clearly Cain, JDS, Reem and then you could put any of Brock, Mir, Carwin after Werdum
            I agree with Reem being there. The other two, you can make a good case for. You said top 4 are in UFC, who was number 4? **** Chestner? I'm pretty sure that is who you meant.

Comment

I just realized you said Brock, Mir, or Carwin are #4. What a stupid comment.

I would put Barnett in, but Werdum is also above all 3 of them.

Comment

In my original post what i meant to say is that UFC have 4 of the top 5 HW right now.. Werdum would be 4th on the list.. you can take your pick from the rest as too who would be n5.

Comment

Cormier is the black Fedor....

Comment

Originally posted by MechaGodzilla View Post
                    Cormier is the black Fedor....
                    Fedor Emelianegro

Wish I can take credit for making that up, but it was on wikipedia.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                      No one is overhyping him, or at least I am certainly not. It isn't a case of one good performance, it is a case of his rate of progression. He's improved markedly each fight, and the Silva fight was a huge step up in class, and he absolutely destroyed Silva.

Also, it isn't so much the point of his striking. It is the fact that he has picked up striking so quickly. Cormier is a worldclass wrestler. He is literally one of the best wrestlers to ever enter MMA. Therefore, his striking progression makes him especially dangerous, given his takedown and ground skills.
                      I really think Silvas combination of big head, no defense, and slothlike speed made Cormiers striking look a lot better than it really is.

Comment

Working...
                      X