Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny will fight JMM at 135 Pounds. Right?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
    He can make LW I believe to say he is a natural 147lber is to claim he is now bigger than all of these top JWWs which he is clearly not.

Those fighters had to sweat and cut weight because that is what most WWs do to make the weight unlike Pac because he is a LW who is overachieving.

Is Pac naturally 2 weight classes larger than JMM in your opinion?
    JMM looked like trash over 135. Complete trash. He is not a JWW and he is not a 147 Pounder.

Pacquiao has the strength, power, frame, speed etc to compete not only at WW but he even fought at JMW!!!

Cmon man. Why do you think everyone is blasting the fight? He would kill JMM at 147 Pounds. Because Pac is a WW.

Comment

Originally posted by VWEBBJR View Post
      But in all seriousness, I think people should realize that the Manny-Marquez ship has sailed, simple as that.
      Like the Maine, sank dockside...

Comment

I think having the fight at 140lbs would still require Manny to eat a bit since he can work at low 140s for welterweight fights. He could even make 135 lbs if he really tried. Hell, I think a 138lb catchweight would have been fine. That's how much he weighed in for the Hatton bout and his speed increase would be an advantage. But they want JMM to perform at his worst so 147 it is. He still might sign back with Golden Boy, you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
          JMM looked like trash over 135. Complete trash. He is not a JWW and he is not a 147 Pounder.

Pacquiao has the strength, power, frame, speed etc to compete not only at WW but he even fought at JMW!!!

Cmon man. Why do you think everyone is blasting the fight? He would kill JMM at 147 Pounds. Because Pac is a WW.
          None of that has anything to do with the fact that both these guys are roughly the same size, if Pac wants to fight him at 135 great if at another weight whatever because both have the same advantages and disadvantages.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
            I know you were trying to be sarcastic but this is actually true. Look Manny and Floyd fans both of your favorite fighters have something in common
            I was being serious too. But the thing that I don't like is how when they both do the SAME thing, one of them gets criticized for it (on a large scale) and the for the other one, a million excuses are made and he gets babied.

Originally posted by [KLTP] View Post
            I kinda realized this about 2 months ago, I still pick Marquez out of sheer hope though, before he retires he gives us one last fantastic performance. The same with Mosley.
            Man, Mosley and JMM aren't going to beat Manny.

Comment

No, he's going to do what Fraud Geyweather did and fight this LW at WW. So he has an "extra advantage". I wonder how B1tchazz 2501 will react to this.
              Fixed..........

Comment

I don't think Mosley will...I think Marquez has a chance. I think he's gonna whoop that ass. If he doesn't beat him, okay. Atleast he'll make Pac look human that's for sure.

Comment

I was being serious too. But the thing that I don't like is how when they both do the SAME thing, one of them gets criticized for it (on a large scale) and the for the other one, a million excuses are made and he gets babied.

no they dont......floyd and jmm are not similar in size, pac and jmm are...so no matter where they fight there wont be a size advatge by any of em....but floyd was just huge vs jmm.....nice try but not the same...

Comment

They need to fight at 140 AT LEAST to make it even remotely close to the great fights we got the last 2 times. But of course it's not about legacy or giving the best possible fight for the fans with Pac & Arum. It's about having every advantage you can get. Make Marquez add those extra pounds to slow him down.

Everybody knows damn well if Mosley would be coming off just trashing Margarito then you know damn well he'd be having to weigh in at 144 or 145 for this upcoming fight.But since he draw'd with Sergio ****in Mora Pac & arum don't think he has anything left anyways.
                    Last edited by $Bullsfam$; 04-15-2011, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by [KLTP] View Post
                      I don't think Mosley will...I think Marquez has a chance. I think he's gonna whoop that ass. If he doesn't beat him, okay. Atleast he'll make Pac look human that's for sure.
                      At 147, JMM is getting beat.

Comment

Working...
                      X