No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn: Froch vs Ward II will be a different fight in the UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie Hearn: Froch vs Ward II will be a different fight in the UK

Eddie Hearn (Carl Froch's promoter): "Andre Ward is not great to watch. Technically he's superb but he's not great to watch and he's not a huge draw in America. We found that in the Super 6 final. You only had to be in Atlantic City that night to see how many people were there to watch Andre Ward - not many. Not taking anything away from him, he's an unbelievable technician of the game. But what choices does Andre Ward have right now? I can't name the fights. The only fight that Ward has is the winner of the Froch vs Kessler fight.

I'm telling you it'll be a different fight in the UK. Ward out of his comfort zone, Froch with the same intensity as when he fought Bute. Will Ward come to the UK? I don't know, there's a lot of money for him in the UK.

There aren't other opponents out there, the fights out there that will get people excited, the division is thin.

I wouldn't like to be Andre Ward's promoter though! "
    Last edited by F!x; 02-11-2013, 03:59 PM.

Ward won't come to the UK.
    Froch wouldn't win a rematch.
    Froch's promoter saying the division is thin, is interesting.

Backs up that throw a tournament into any division and most people are just fooled into thinking it's much stronger than it actually is.

Comment

So Hearn actually thinks that magically Froch will have the hand & foot speed to deal with Ward in England but not in the USA? Bollocks

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
        So Hearn actually thinks that magically Froch will have the hand & foot speed to deal with Ward in England but not in the USA? Bollocks
        Beat me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
          Beat me to it.
          Beat me to it.

Comment

By this he means Kessler is going to get robbed.

Comment

Ward would win with the same gameplan he did in the first fight,only difference is he might get robbed

Comment

What is this guy talking about? Will they automatically give the fight to Froch in the UK? Will they make Ward fight with one hand tied behind his back? Location doesn't matter, Ward beats Froch ANYWHERE easily !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jayjames616 View Post
                  Will they make Ward fight with one hand tied behind his back?
                  Even that wouldn't help Froch. Ward already beat him with one hand last time.

Comment

Ward won't be used to fighting away from the US, it might actually impact his performance when he has to deal with an away crowd like most of his opponents have had to deal with. Froch won the championship rounds in the last fight and sometime rematches can pick up from where the first fight left off. Maybe Froch had figured Ward out by the end of the first fight?

Comment

Working...
                    X