No announcement yet.

Ward now has to defend against Kessler.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
    he wasnt outclassed like kessler though and the scoring was kind to mikkel too, i think someone even gave him a round.
    Yes it was indeed very one-sided. I recall the headbutt statistic being 4-0

Comment

• Originally posted by askoe View Post
      Yes it was indeed very one-sided. I recall the headbutt statistic being 4-0
      i saw it 2-0-2.

not all the headbutts were wards fault, some of them were dont get me wrong. but bcuz he legitimately headbutted kessler once or twice ppl later assumed the other headbutts were his fault too even though that wasnt the case, some truly were accidental and as much kesslers fault as wards.

Comment

• I don't see ward going to Denmark just like i don't see Kessler coming to England to fight Froch.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          My scoring had Ward DQ'ed by round 5.

After that I was too riled up to give a proper score.
          you seem to have been to riled up to make a fair evaluation of the fight in general. my guess is it started long before a single headbutt over the fact that kessler was getting a boxing lesson, being hit at will with clean punches while being unable to lay a glove on ward himself.

if i was you i would be hoping for a DQ too, hell id be hoping for another fan man incident if it meant that ass whuppin' would be at least interrupted.

Comment

• Low risk, low reward for Ward.

A another domination over Kessler, wherever the fight, means nothing for his legacy.

At least the Ward-Froch 2 fight would involve 3 belts, as long as Mendoza gets a nice pile of notes to keep Ward a WBA champ.

Kessler-Froch 2 first, maybe the winner gets another crack at Ward.

As for the fighting at home thing, I thought the US was the boxing capital of the world. Ward can call the shots against someone hes already dominated.

I'm glad to see our p4p king has the haters though. I can't remember any p4p king who didn't have them. Its a sign of greatness

Comment

• I love how in TS's, warped & jaded reality (which is a reality that only exists inside his head) The tiny, historically & contemporarily irrelevant nation (from a boxing standpoint) of Denmark is supposedly some major proving ground for a world class, elite p4p level boxer to stake his legacy and credibility in.

fucking priceless!

Battling Nelson has to rank up there with some of the worst, most disgraceful & delirious nutthuggers on this entire forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                Andre Ward would give up the WBA title rather than fight in another country.

Ali, Foreman, Lewis, the Klitschkos, Kessler, Froch, etc were willing to fight in other countries.

But it seems like Ward is not a warrior like those guys.
                Speaking of which, if we were to apply TS's logic evenly & consistently, shouldn't Wlad be busy working on those rematches with all those boxers he dominated... but fouled his way to victory for about 75% of his matches while on his home territory, usually with a ref that doesn't call him on his sheenanigans...

...If he doesn't rematch every fighter he dominated he's a yellow bellied coward... amirite or amirite?

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post
                  Speaking of which, if we were to apply TS's logic evenly & consistently, shouldn't Wlad be busy working on those rematches with all those boxers he dominated... but fouled his way to victory for about 75% of his matches while on his home territory, usually with a ref that doesn't call him on his sheenanigans...

...If he doesn't rematch every fighter he dominated he's a yellow bellied coward... amirite or amirite?
                  I've NEVER seen Wladimir use deliberate headbutts. He doen't need to, he has enough power in his fists.

And I don't see him hitting off the break.

Emanuel taught him to hold (like Hopkins, Lennox, Berto, etc) but he doesn't HIT while holding like Ward does.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post
                    I love how in TS's, warped & jaded reality (which is a reality that only exists inside his head) The tiny, historically & contemporarily irrelevant nation (from a boxing standpoint) of Denmark is supposedly some major proving ground for a world class, elite p4p level boxer to stake his legacy and credibility in.

fucking priceless!

Battling Nelson has to rank up there with some of the worst, most disgraceful & delirious nutthuggers on this entire forum.
                    Legacy and credibility you say? And fighting a shot alcoholic in his backyard gives him these things??

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                      I've NEVER seen Wladimir use deliberate headbutts. He doen't need to, he has enough power in his fists.

And I don't see him hitting off the break.

Emanuel taught him to hold (like Hopkins, Lennox, Berto, etc) but he doesn't HIT while holding like Ward does.
                      That's because he can't fight on the inside like like Ward can. It's funny how you would rather see a guy just hold and not punch opposed to fighting on the inside.

Comment

Working...
                      X