Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Frazier said the judges were paid off in the 2nd fight with Muhammad Ali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Frazier said the judges were paid off in the 2nd fight with Muhammad Ali

I just heard an interview where Joe Frazier said that the judges were paid off in his 2nd fight against Muhammad Ali.Frazier said that Angelo Dundee and Ali's people and the black muslims paid off the judges.Frazier said that he won the fight and only the judges being paid off gave Muhammad Ali the victory.

Frazier also said that he was ahead after 14 rounds in the Trilla' in Manilla'.But that Ali's popularity influenced the judges.

I wonder what Smokin' Joe is smoking these days.

When was the interview conducted?

Comment

Originally posted by -D33Pwaters- View Post
      When was the interview conducted?
      He has always said he felt he beat Muhammad Ali in there 2nd fight.In fact,right after the fight he said he thought he won all 12 rounds.

Just recently he said that he thought the judges were paid off in the 2nd fight.I believe it was 2007 that he said this.Or right around 2007.

He has always said that he thought he was ahead after 14 rounds in the Trilla' in Manilla.And he still says so to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing boy View Post
        I just heard an interview where Joe Frazier said that the judges were paid off in his 2nd fight against Muhammad Ali.Frazier said that Angelo Dundee and Ali's people and the black muslims paid off the judges.Frazier said that he won the fight and only the judges being paid off gave Muhammad Ali the victory.

Frazier also said that he was ahead after 14 rounds in the Trilla' in Manilla'.But that Ali's popularity influenced the judges.

I wonder what Smokin' Joe is smoking these days.
        Was it Ali's muslim friends who beat Frazier nearly to the point of blindness in Manilla?

Comment

That fight was a clear UD to Ali.

Judges being paid off (which I highly doubt, seeing as though Joe is a bitter old man) are irrelevant.

Comment

the second fight was anything but close, i have scored it 9-3 for ali.

Comment

Originally posted by T3dBundy View Post
              the second fight was anything but close, i have scored it 9-3 for ali.
              Can't argue with the judges on Ali Frazier 2, if anything I think Frazier might say the refereee didn't do him too many favours conducting the fight. Shame that Frazier is so bitter about amcient history and revisits it, he had a great career and will always be remembered as a great, if he is not careful he will tarnish his legacy

Comment

ali was warned tons of times about holding frazier behind the neck and not one point deducted . but then the ref was i think tony perez who i dont think was up to much. he should of had rounds taken away and perhaps been dq'd .i think futch counted over a hundred seperate warnings given to ali by perez

Comment

for the record the black muslims also TKOd frazier in the 3rd fight

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
                    for the record the black muslims also TKOd frazier in the 3rd fight
                    Don't forget the black muslims hired a voodoo doc to put a spell on foreman, and if that didn't work dundee had loosend the ropes, and if that didn't work they had this funny water to make foreman fight like a moron.

Frazier is a funny guy, he made that doc thrilla in manilla completely dogging ali, then he does facing ali and praises him. Its clear frazier will say anything if the price is right.

Comment

Working...
                    X