Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sadam Ali: I Don’t Feel Like I’ve Accomplished A Lot Yet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sadam Ali: I Don’t Feel Like I’ve Accomplished A Lot Yet

Sadam Ali is nothing if not a realist. The 24 year-old is well aware of the expectations placed on his career based on his having served on the 2008 U.S. Olympic boxing squad. Fighting out of a media-friendly New York market further magnifies what he has – and hasn’t – so far accomplished.

Unlike most, Ali will be the first in line when it comes to critiquing his career. As he prepares for his second straight fight in which he serves as his own promoter, Ali knows he has so far flown far under the radar.

“I’m at the bottom of the ladder. I don’t feel like I (have) accomplished a lot yet,” Ali (15-0, 9KO) admits in preparing for Saturday’s main event at the Aviator Sports Complex in Brooklyn, NY. “I see myself going very far, but I’m only at about 10% into my career right now.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

America's Kell Brook?

Comment

Maybe khan should take pointers from this humble on how to talk

Comment

I think he's doing very well for promoting himself.

Comment

What about a Theophane fight maybe Vernon Paris ,Mike Dallas someone along those lines maybe too big a jump up but it'd be a good learning experience

This is where the sport suffers bcse nowadays everybody is overly concerned about undefeated records and selling that so they cuddle fighters to through the ranks without testing them

Comment

Saddam Ali FACING A NOBODY IS PPV?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They have this on Direct TV for 40 bucks???!!!!!!!!! Damn I hope they lose a lot of money!!!! This is BARELY worthy of Broadway Boxing and doesn't even belong on an ESPN undercard!!!!!!!!! FORTY DOLLARS???!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

As an amateur he did accomplish a lot. As a pro he hasn't done much. I don't think he's cut out for the pros (stylewise), but to each his own.

On a side note, I think there's a huge double standard when it comes to the criticism Saul Alvarez gets compared to the likes of Gary Russell, Sadam Ali, Demetrius Andrade, etc. Those three fighters I named are all older, Olympians, and have had a more extensive amateur career than Saul, yet have done half of what Saul has done.

Ofcourse, that WBC title that Saul has is meaningless; however, before Saul got that belt he did beat some solid (not great) opposition: Michel Rosales, Larry Mosley, Luciano Cuello, etc.

I know this isn't a Canelo thread, but this article just reminded me of how much hate fighters like Saul Alvarez and Kell Brook get compared to other supposed 'elite' fighters.
              Last edited by Carlos Alberto; 10-27-2012, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                Maybe khan should take pointers from this humble on how to talk

you should take pointers as well, payasito.

Comment

Working...
                X