No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pirog on Lebedev's Domination of Toney: 'A Sad Moment'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pirog on Lebedev's Domination of Toney: 'A Sad Moment'

Dmitry Pirog, the unbeaten WBO middleweight champion, expressed his own feelings about James Toney’s dominating decison loss to Denis Lebedev in Moscow, Russia. Lebedev won a lopsided twelve round unanimous decision to capture the WBA interim-cruiserweight title. Toney didn't win a single round on the scorecards and his reflexes weren't there.

[Click Here To Read More]

Yea.. it was sad seeing him getting owned like that.

Comment

It was sad.

My dad actually turned away for a little while. He'd been a big Toney fan back in the 90's...

Comment

From the article:

About his next fight: “We have reached some verbal agreements with [IBF champion] Daniel Geale and his team, and we are ready for this unification. I just hope that Showtime will also be interested in such a fight."

Please Showtime buy this fight.

Comment

Truly a sad thing to see. I hope Toney hangs them up.

Comment

Obviously Toney still has some of his slickness. However, if he hit Denis with five meaningful punches during the entire fight he was lucky. And this fight proved that Toney is pathetically washed up and old to include his knees. And it also proved that even in this day and age when todays 40 was yesterdays 30, or how ever they say it, that not every fighter is a Bhop or a Vitali. Or for that matter even a Glen Johnson. I also believe that if Denis would have put on even just a little more pressure he may have been able to stop Toney.

Comment

Wow, props to Pirog for coming out and saying this. I respect him even more now. You can tell he's a fan of Toney.

Comment

Toney did look very old in this fight, just surviving with defense. Almost a replay of the Roy Jones fight, but not that bad. Roy, Toney and Hopkins need to hang it up. Hopkins still looks OK. I hope Lebedev and Tarver fight, hoping Lebedev knocks Tarvers ass out cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Discipline View Post
                  Wow, props to Pirog for coming out and saying this. I respect him even more now. You can tell he's a fan of Toney.
                  Absolutely.. becoming more and more of a fan . Martinez needs to step the **** up and fight Pirog...stop calling out the little guys.

Comment

pirog probably added a little toneys style to his recipe

green k for pirog

stop running sergio

Comment

Working...
                    X