Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Froch Will Vacate IBF Title If Needed For Kessler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully the Froch and Kessler camps can come to an agreement and get the fight sorted. No disrespect to Stevenson but Froch Vs Kessler is the fight we want to see next.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
      Typical Froch using the IBF Belt as his own toy thing, he had his mandatory in November why should the no1 contender keep stepping aside because Froch has his own agenda he lost to Kessler get over it - all boxers know when fighting for a belt they have to fight the No1 in a certain time frame- do your duty and if not vacate you waste of space.
      His mandatory fought in October, he wasn't going to be ready to fight in November.

Perhaps if the mandatory bout hadn't been postponed and delayed twice they would have got their shot in November - if they really wanted it in first place.

Froch will lose to Kessler, Ward and Oosthuizen because these are gifted fighters as Froch keeps his hands too low and is always exposed.
      Is that why 'Tommy Gun' ducked him?

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
        Froch will kill this guy.

On a side note.

I know Froch have fans because of his toughness and his willingness to fight anyone.

I can't help but think a lot of the Americans like him because Ward already beat him.

It's a logical conclusion..... Froch is GREAT FROCH IS A BEAST FROCH IS A WARRIOR (but y'all know Ward already beat him so Ward is > than everything we said about Froch)

I bet if Ward and Froch never fought.. a lot of the 'opinions' will be different.

American boxing fans in general feel threatened by Calzaghe and Lewis... but love the tough boys like Froch because they know their own 'slick' boxers can stand a chance.
        Lewis and Calzaghe ran through their best like knife through butter
        I'm American and LOVED Calzaghe. I go to bat for him on here all the time.
        Last edited by ddangerous; 01-06-2013, 09:22 PM.

Comment

To Weebler II - Tommy never ducked him that's what Froch fans want to believe - Tommy said he would fight Froch in The States on neutral terrtory he did'nt want to run a risk of losing his unbeaten record in guys home town - which I think is fair as Tommy is s upcoming str - his the only one in the Super Middleweight who can dethrone Ward the rest will all fall short.

Comment

To Weebler II - Tommy never ducked him that's what Froch fans want to believe - Tommy said he would fight Froch in The States on neutral terrtory he did'nt want to run a risk of losing his unbeaten record in guys home town - which I think is fair as Tommy is s upcoming str - his the only one in the Super Middleweight who can dethrone Ward the rest will all fall short.
            That isn't what was reported here. Iirc Oosthuizen 'wasn't ready' for Froch.

I'd happily watch Froch v Oosthuizen but TO doesn't have the pull in the US to warrant the fight being there, I'm not even sure he has the pull in SA.

Any evidence?
            Last edited by Weebler I; 01-07-2013, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              That isn't what was reported here. Iirc Oosthuizen 'wasn't ready' for Froch.

I'd happily watch Froch v Oosthuizen but TO doesn't have the pull in the US to warrant the fight being there, I'm not even sure he has the pull in SA.
              tommy has the pull anywhere he goes because he has long arms! heh heh heh

Comment

To weebler II - Oh yes he does Tommy is having his 4th Fight in the states in March and he is thought of highly and well regarded actually and back in SA Tommy is one of the growing sports profiles actually accepted by all population groups and has a huge following - this site reported the TO camp wanting the fight in the states and the money on offer from Froch's camp was a pittance the 2 reasons why the fight did'nt go ahead I do agree there were articles saying Tommy was'nt ready yet but I suppose we got take to what we feel is correct

Comment

debate

To Weebler II and Daggum - thanks for the debate I'm enjoying this.

Comment

To weebler II - Oh yes he does Tommy is having his 4th Fight in the states in March and he is thought of highly and well regarded actually and back in SA Tommy is one of the growing sports profiles actually accepted by all population groups and has a huge following - this site reported the TO camp wanting the fight in the states and the money on offer from Froch's camp was a pittance the 2 reasons why the fight did'nt go ahead I do agree there were articles saying Tommy was'nt ready yet but I suppose we got take to what we feel is correct
                    This site also reported all terms had been agreed so it's surprising there was a shift at the last minute.

Oosthuizen’s promoter Rodney Berman of Golden Gloves Promotions (GGP) confirmed to BoxingScene.com that talks with the Froch camp have taken a turn for the best with the two camps agreeing on almost every term on the table.

I have been negotiating with Barry Hearn (Froch’s promoter) for a while now and I must say I am happy with the terms on the table,” Berman said to BoxingScene.com.
                    Anyway, I would like to see Froch v Oosthuizen. It would be a good fight but I don't think Oosthuizen is slick enough to avoid Froch for 12 rounds, nor does he have the power to stop Froch.

Comment

To Weebler II - me too when the fight was announced I was ready to get my tickets and head up to Nottingham, I agree I don't think Tommy would win by KO as Froch has a granite chin but Tommy would win be a big majority as Froch has a very bad habit of leaving his hands too low and Tommy would pick him off all night on the contrary Tommy is super fit and for a man that stands 6ft4 he moves and is very slick his trainers Hraold Volbrecht and Brian Mitchell say Tommy's strong point is his fitness and very high work rate he does'nt tire.

Comment

Working...
                      X