Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know where to find TV ratings for China?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know where to find TV ratings for China?

Last week's title fight in China was one of the most covered sporting evnets in the country on the day but we haven't heard much about it here. If this was MMA the reporters would be jumping over themselves to find out those ratings. Our lazy ass reporters won't do **** unless it's within arm's reach. Would seem like a complete missed opportunity to let ratings of that potential to just pass by. Imagine getting 500 million viewers in one country. There'd be some serious bragging rights with those.

I'm living & working in China at the moment & I didn't hear a peep about it. Boxing's not big at all here. I doubt 20 million watched it never mind 500. NBA, Soccer, Ping Pong & Badminton is where the party's at.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo Kev View Post
      .... Ping Pong & Badminton is where the party's at.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo Kev View Post
        I'm living & working in China at the moment & I didn't hear a peep about it. Boxing's not big at all here. I doubt 20 million watched it never mind 500. NBA, Soccer, Ping Pong & Badminton is where the party's at.
        It was the top story on most Chinese sport sites, and if you look at Yahoo China right now Xiong is still the no.1 trending topic. A boxing match screened on a lower network back around 2010 I think managed 60 million which is small pickings there. So yes I don't believe you're being honest, especially since China is the size of a continent and one white dude wouldn't be able to gauge the entire country's habbit patterns on the day. Also sucks for you that one guy sitting on his laptop in Ireland can figure out it was the top sport story yet you who apparently lives in China didn't notice. Good stuff. It also sold out a 40k seat stadium.
        Last edited by croz; 12-05-2012, 01:35 PM.

Comment

I also just looked at your post history Canelo Kev and this is the first thing that popped up from you:
          http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...3#post12748303
          Croke Park has a capacity of 80,000 who does he think he's kidding!! Noboby here gives a **** about Tyson Fury. He's about as Irish as Manny Pacquaio.

So here you're saying your Irish and in Ireland (nobody here.) Irelands a bit of a ways from China. I'm Irish too so I know this statement about Fury is total bull****. I don't think it would sell out an 80k stadium but pretending people in Ireland don't know who Fury is, is just a plain lie. I'm guessing ****ting on boxing is regular pattern with you.

Comment

China's like a different planet, nobody cares what happens over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
              China's like a different planet, nobody cares what happens over there.
              When basketball and snooker started taking over they made a big deal about it.

Comment

Working...
              X